Post deleted by Ksavostin
Last edited by: Ksavostin: May 23, 19 17:57
Re: Another Fit Critique on Speed Concept.. [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know your Pad x/y dimensions? I'm on the same bike (basically) and the same size / weight as you - still using the stock monobar. By the way it looks like you have flipped the pivot cradle so that the set screw is in front - apparently that is not advisable even if it buys you 1.5 cm additional reach.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty good. Looks like I have the same coordinates as you (615/550). I'm 5'11" / 158. I think a size L is fine, you wouldn't be able to get low enough on an XL.
I use 155 cranks and aluminum Zipp Evo 110s. You should try the 51SS cups, they're 100x better than the stock ones.

What's your CdA?
Last edited by: trailerhouse: May 23, 19 19:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great. Nice work.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is good. you might actually want to slide the saddle backward as your fit progresses and you recruit muscle fibers into your new pedal stroke.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Another Fit Critique on Speed Concept.. [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
By the way it looks like you have flipped the pivot cradle so that the set screw is in front

Is there another way?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Fit Critique on Speed Concept.. [Chelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chelle wrote:
Fuller wrote:
By the way it looks like you have flipped the pivot cradle so that the set screw is in front

Is there another way?

Well you can assemble the front end with it positioned either way with no obvious difficulty. Frankly I haven't heard a technical explanation as to why the set screw should be in the back. Mitch, the "newTrek guy" over on the Speed Concept thread did make a point of saying it needs to be in the back. But he's the social media rep for Trek so what does he know (pink).

I did note at my LBS that 2 out of the 3 Speed Concepts they have on the showroom floor have been assembled with the screw in front. I have mine in the back but I think I'm OK on reach.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Another Fit Critique on Speed Concept.. [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have nothing to add to the “fit” question...just wished I weighed 158!!!! Wicked Fast!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks good!
i have been trying to find a mono plug in adapter and those exact speedshop bars, so its good to see what it looks like together. The bar plug in for the trek is stupidly expensive.

curious - it looks like you have good reach, but hypothetically, if you wanted more, what options do you have which includes keeping the speedshop bars? I have the normal mono s bend bars with slightly less tilt than yours, but am just over 2/3rds maxed out on reach. The plug ins are shorter i believe?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Fit Critique on Speed Concept.. [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About 550 is the most reach you can squeeze from a size L with the mono plug-in extension by doing all these tricks (cradle mounted backwards, flipping the pad wing etc.). You could do 580 with the stock extension but it's made for midgets so your hands will fall off the ends. It works for some people who like to have forearms on pads but if you're an "elbows on pads" type you're out of luck.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Fit Critique on Speed Concept.. [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking also to get this stuff,
I already have wattshop armrest pads.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who makes those?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will I get any benefits if I get smaller crankset 165mm=>155mm in my current position?
Quote Reply
Re: Another Fit Critique on Speed Concept.. [obsessedironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
obsessedironman wrote:
Who makes those?

https://www.shopforwatts.co.uk/...oncept-monobar-mount
Quote Reply