Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ontario beer drinkers
Quote | Reply
Premiere Ford is pushing hard to get beer into corner stores. I am genuinely curious if anyone here gives a shit about having beer in corner stores.

We currently can get beer in grocery stores, The Beer Store and the LCBO. Why do we need it in corner stores? And even if they do put it in corner stores it will be a limited selection. So, Canadian, Blue, Bud, Coors light...

Yeah, I'll be going right to the corner store to buy shitty beer.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Ontario beer drinkers [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I honestly could care less, I'm more concerned with losing more good paying jobs at the Beer Store.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know why is he pushing hard for it, especially if the selection is going to be poor. What is the point? So, I don't really care. Back in Croatia, we can buy beer/vine in any grocery shop, so this is not something special to me to see.
Quote Reply
Re: Ontario beer drinkers [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Don't know why is he pushing hard for it, especially if the selection is going to be poor. What is the point? So, I don't really care. Back in Croatia, we can buy beer/vine in any grocery shop, so this is not something special to me to see.

I don't know to be honest. I understood getting it in grocery stores. And, at least for me, the selection in the grocery store is pretty good.

But I don't get the big push for corner stores. I can buy beer when I buy my groceries. If they don't have what I want, right across the parking lot is an LCBO. If they don't have what I want, right across the road is a Beer Store.

The corner store definitely won't have what I want.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is envy the USA, and wants to raise crime and alcoholism issues to higher levels. And make it cheaper for them perhaps. Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Ontario beer drinkers [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
He is envy the USA, and wants to raise crime and alcoholism issues to higher levels. And make it cheaper for them perhaps. Just a thought.

He keeps talking about how it will lower prices. Meanwhile the government sets a minimum price that they are allowed to charge.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how are those minimum pricescompared to the current ones? it may trigger a pricing war, moving it down. On certain items at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
softrun wrote:

I don't know to be honest. I understood getting it in grocery stores. And, at least for me, the selection in the grocery store is pretty good.

But I don't get the big push for corner stores. I can buy beer when I buy my groceries. If they don't have what I want, right across the parking lot is an LCBO. If they don't have what I want, right across the road is a Beer Store.

The corner store definitely won't have what I want.

mate, you're over-thinking this by a factor of 10. ford is a stupid populist and this is red meat for his base. that's it.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Ontario beer drinkers [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

mate, you're over-thinking this by a factor of 10. ford is a stupid populist and this is red meat for his base. that's it.

That's why I am asking, are there actually people that really want this?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
of course.

this is classic "water cooler" politics. you know when you and your friends stand around for a minute and talk shit about some problem that "they" really ought to fix? and then propose a solution on the spot and then wonder why "they" are so stupid that they don't implement it? but if you really thought about for another minute you'd realize that maybe things are more complicated than that, and maybe someone every bit as smart as you actually has tried but it couldn't be done.

ford (and his late brother) excel in convincing stupid people that they're smarter than smart people, and that their most unconsidered instincts are good and right.

cheap beer? yes, that is important and you do deserve that. never mind all that complicated stuff that might actually make your life a hell of a lot better.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Ontario beer drinkers [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
cheap beer? yes, that is important and you do deserve that. never mind all that complicated stuff that might actually make your life a hell of a lot better.

Yeah, I don't believe for a second that it will result in cheaper beer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Premiere Ford is pushing hard to get beer into corner stores. I am genuinely curious if anyone here gives a shit about having beer in corner stores.

We currently can get beer in grocery stores, The Beer Store and the LCBO. Why do we need it in corner stores? And even if they do put it in corner stores it will be a limited selection. So, Canadian, Blue, Bud, Coors light...

Yeah, I'll be going right to the corner store to buy shitty beer.

So just read up in this.... what an ass backwards Byzantine process.
Quote Reply
Re: Ontario beer drinkers [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What? Buying beer in Ontario in general? Or that the beer companies own The Beer Store? Or that our stupid Premiere is cutting essential services left, right and centre but is "throwing us a bone" by allowing beer to be sold in corner stores?

Quote Reply
Re: Ontario beer drinkers [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
Yeah I honestly could care less, I'm more concerned with losing more good paying jobs at the Beer Store.

So how much less could you care?

I'm guessing you meant you could not care less

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Premiere Ford is pushing hard to get beer into corner stores.

That's what populism looks like.

Quote Reply
Re: Ontario beer drinkers [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me thinks that our friends in the Great White North don't have any problems finding their beer at the corner store or the grocery. Not too sure on the exacts, but I always figured the kids from OZ, USSR and Oh Canada probably drink a tad more than the Yanks do anywho
Quote Reply