Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TDS spreading to GOP [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Tur pointed out that Trump made the remarks at a July 2016 news conference and that he appeared to make it clear at the time that he wasn't joking. Tur showed footage from the conference in which the MSNBC host pressed Trump about his comments.
"You said the Russians, I welcome them to find those 30,000 emails. Does that not give you pause?" Tur asked at the time.
"Nope, it gives me no pause," Trump said.
That could easily be interpreted as "It doesn't give me pause because I was kidding".

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: TDS spreading to GOP [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Quote:

Tur pointed out that Trump made the remarks at a July 2016 news conference and that he appeared to make it clear at the time that he wasn't joking. Tur showed footage from the conference in which the MSNBC host pressed Trump about his comments.
"You said the Russians, I welcome them to find those 30,000 emails. Does that not give you pause?" Tur asked at the time.

That could easily be interpreted as "It doesn't give me pause because I was kidding".

I think you and I defer greatly on the definition of "easily".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Quote:

Nothing in that exchange is "I was not joking".

Quote Reply
Re: TDS spreading to GOP [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
chaparral wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Quote:

Nothing in that exchange is "I was not joking".

The tone of the response is very serious and in no way implies that he was joking. It is hard to argue with that tone he was joking. trump is not known for a dry wit, when he jokes he always mugs it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You haven't learned yet. None of that stuff matters.

Trump said he was joking so he was. That exchange does not say "I was not joking". Think like a Trumper, not like a logical person.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
velocomp wrote:

And for those of you that want to say that Trump asked the Russians to find Hilary's email, that is a joike. It was said in fun and if you can't understand that, you really do have TDS.

Except it was not a joke. He said it during a press conference, so of course a journalist asked him if he was serious about the Russian's hacking Clinton and he said he was not joking. There is video of it for gods sake, I don't know why people keep claiming it was a joke.

Sorry that you don't understand sarcasm. I hope the Russians and Chinese find some evidence to convict Hillary as well. But that doesn't mean I'm working with the Russians or that I am really asking that the do it. If they do, I am not responsible for them doing so. Come on now. I know you are not that dumb...
Quote Reply
Re: TDS spreading to GOP [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So flynn and other members of the campaign also didnt understand sarcasm? Trump didnt make fun of them when they came back to him with reports about the joke?
Quote Reply
Re: TDS spreading to GOP [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I hope the Russians and Chinese find some evidence to convict Hillary as well. But that doesn't mean I'm working with the Russians or that I am really asking that the do it. If they do, I am not responsible for them doing so. Come on now. I know you are not that dumb...

Staff meets with Russian in Trump Tower hoping to get dirt on Hillary from Russian...

Son (business partner) brags about being funded by Russia...

Continued to push via surrogates for Trump Tower Moscow after election...

Refuses to acknowledge fact of Russian hacking despite overwhelming evidence...

Publicly, embarrassingly, takes Putin at his word that Russia didn't hack...

Lies about and fires Comey largely because of Russia investigation...

Investigation begins. "I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA!"

"This just came out," Trump said. "WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks."...

"This WikiLeaks stuff is unbelievable," Trump said. "It tells you the inner heart, you gotta read it."...

"It's been amazing what's coming out on WikiLeaks."...

"Another one came in today," Trump said. "This WikiLeaks is like a treasure trove."...

"Getting off the plane, they were just announcing new WikiLeaks, and I wanted to stay there, but I didn't want to keep you waiting," said Trump. "Boy, I love reading those WikiLeaks."...

(That's just over a span of three weeks, by the way. It went on.)

Assange arrested. "I don't know anything about WikiLeaks."

Probably just that TDS kicking in again, but maybe taking Trump at his word that he was only joking isn't really a sound strategy for elucidating truth about his behavior.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
dave_w wrote:
chaparral wrote:
dave_w wrote:
patentattorney wrote:
" Hard to get wide support to burn a guy, even for being a dick about it, if he was innocent all along."

But he wasnt innocent all along. The probe was started because he fired Comey. This is one of incidents of obstruction of justice. Before the probe there was no public probe into trump.

-
...and what did Mueller end up saying on why Trump fired Comey? Not obstruction; he found that it appeared Trump really did fire Comey because he was pissed that Comey would not say publicly that he (Trump) was not a focus of the investigation. The Rosenstein letter used to justify muddied the water, but under that the investigation found that it was just a childish Trump move...surprise, surprise.

That is not what the Mueller report says.

“ome evidence indicates that the President believed that the erroneous perception he was under investigation harmed his ability to manage domestic and foreign affairs”—but “[o]ther evidence … indicates that the President wanted to protect himself from an investigation into his campaign.”

“The initial reliance on a pretextual justification [for Comey’s firing] could support an inference that the President had concerns about providing the real reason for the firing, although the evidence does not resolve whether those concerns were personal, personal, or both.”

-
When you read that section that is the only thing they have that was strong and consistent from Trump, the rest is based on the fact in firing Comey the Trump team did not come right out and say so, which they should have. Here's the level to which it got with Trump:

"
In the week leading up to Comey?s May 3, 2017 Senate Judiciary Committee testimony, the President told McGahn that it would be the last straw if Comey did not set the record straight and publicly announce that the President was not under investigation. But during his May 3 testimony, Comey refused to answer questions about whether the President was being investigated. Comey?s refusal angered the President, who criticized Sessions for leaving him isolated and exposed, saying ?You left me on an island.? Two days later, the President told advisors he had decided to ?re Comey and dictated a letter to Stephen Miller that began with a reference to the fact that the President was not being investigated: ?While I greatly appreciate you informing me that I am not under investigation concerning what I have often stated is a fabricated story on a Trump-Russia relationship . . . The President later asked Rosenstein to include ?Russia? in his memorandum and to say that Comey had told the President that he was not under investigation. And the President?s ?nal termination letter included a sentence, at the President?s insistence and against McGahn?s advice, stating that Comey had told the President on three separate occasions that he was not under investigation.
"
I'm going on the premise that Trump is not a super-genius, and the simplest answer is usually the
most accurate with him.

That paragraph does not prove what you think it proves. Also, it was a good idea for Comey to not publicly say trump was not under investigation, because if it changed and the president was under investigation, he would have to publicly announce the change. So saying that he should have publicly announced it, is just wrong.
-
I never said prove. There was nothing they could prove about Trump's intent, that's why it does not rate as obstruction. I pointed out the consistent and important point (from Trump) given Trump's words and subsequent actions. Take it for what it's worth.
Quote Reply
Re: TDS spreading to GOP [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
    I'm going to listen to the Sam Harris interview, particularly interested because Wittes is a Comey friend, one who was a primary source for a NYT piece on Comey and is the author of a couple articles that Comey was circulating around the upper crust intel circles early on. I'd imagine that since Comey is under a microscope, that Wittes will likely get scrutiny from those looking into the genesis of the whole Trump affair. I get the sense that Comey and Wittes are both in damage control mode right now given their myriad interviews.
Quote Reply
Re: TDS spreading to GOP [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
I never said prove. There was nothing they could prove about Trump's intent, that's why it does not rate as obstruction. I pointed out the consistent and important point (from Trump) given Trump's words and subsequent actions. Take it for what it's worth.

But it being some innocent explanation is not consistent with ALL of his actions, only some of them. You are the one saying Mueller said the firing of Comey had no intent to obstruct justice. That is not true, the report clearly says, as I quoted, that some evidence supports that assertion and some of it supports that he had intent to obstruct. It is not supported by the fact that the president asked the DOJ for textual reasons to fire Comey for example.
Quote Reply

Prev Next