Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

End Game
Quote | Reply
So what did ya think? Looks like it'll likely overtake Avatar as the highest grossing film of all time, and its moved up to 5th in inflation adjusted dollars. 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, and 10th on IMDBs highest rated films.

I've seen it twice already, looking for a 3rd go this weekend. So clearly I thoroughly enjoyed it!

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: End Game [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We agree on this one. I really want to see it again, but will probably wait until it comes out on video. I think it will pass the record soon. It was a great culmination of 10 years of movies. Once in a lifetime movie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the pleasure of getting my 10 and 8 yr old sons kind of caught up on the MCU and seeing Endgame together in the theater a few weeks ago. We all loved it, and my 8 yr old, who can't sit still for 3 seconds sat enthralled through the whole thing.

When you know who used you know what, I almost jumped out of my seat. And when you know who finally said you know what, I teared up. How's that for spoiler free?
Quote Reply
Re: End Game [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been out for a month. Spoiler rules no longer apply.

Spoil away.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: End Game [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
It's been out for a month. Spoiler rules no longer apply.

Spoil away.

If you don't know what I am talking about then you aren't a big enough fan to care anyway. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great movie, but they broke/bend several of their own time travel rules. I am going to watch it again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IRONMAN IS DEAD!

Suck it idiots. If you haven't seen it yet, don't click on the thread about it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
IRONMAN IS DEAD!

Take that shit to the tri forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
BLeP wrote:
IRONMAN IS DEAD!

Take that shit to the tri forum.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
When you know who used you know what,........

That seen was incredible.

When I watched it the second time i (obviously) knew what was going to happen, but most of the audience didn't. That was a big scene. The other was when Black Panther walked out of the Dr Strange portal. What made that scene especially great was that the music went completely silent and they really took their time coming through. What made it special was that you were expecting Dr Strange, but then got the Black Panther, and then you realized that ALL of the Marvel heroes were coming back.

I was really impressed with the whole movie. A little campy, but the writing was really good. Essentially three movies in one: dark, depressing post apocalypse, followed by a heist movie, followed by an epic sci fi battle. Lots of good comedy as well. Oh, and a really good way to recap the previous movies by having them go back to those movies.

Last edited by: BarryP: May 21, 19 7:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

When I watched it the second time i (obviously) knew what was going to happen, but most of the audience didn't. That was a big scene. The other was when Black Panther walked out of the Dr Strange portal. What made that scene especially great was that the music went completely silent and they really took their time coming through. What made it special was that you were expecting Dr Strange, but then got the Black Panther, and then you realized that ALL of the Marvel heroes were coming back.

I was really impressed with the whole movie. A little campy, but the writing was really good. Essentially three movies in one: dark, depressing post apocalypse, followed by a heist movie, followed by an epic sci fi battle. Lots of good comedy as well. Oh, and a really good way to recap the previous movies by having them go back to those movies.

We all expected the one death. I was totally surprised by the first one though. I loved every minute of it. And finally to hear Cap say "Avengers Assemble", in that context, well it was worth waiting 10 years to hear it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

We all expected the one death. I was totally surprised by the first one though. I loved every minute of it. And finally to hear Cap say "Avengers Assemble", in that context, well it was worth waiting 10 years to hear it.

One problem was that if you paid attention to pop culture or news, you knew a few people had to leave. You knew it was Dowey's last Marvel movie. You knew it was Evans's last Marvel movie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked it, it was awesome, but I certainly have a few criticisms. It felt a bit too long...things kept moving but I was ready for it to finish about 30 minutes before it did, and my younger son (who always gets bored at movies) was ready to go long before that. The "girl power" scene was way too forced....I mean really, Mantis and Shuri are really not the foot soldier type. I didn't really buy into the fat, weepy Thor character, nor the new Hulk. Didn't really buy into the storyline and solution to bringing back all the dead characters. Lot's of other little issues, e.g. soul stone sacrifice was not legitimate. I love Marvell movies and I did enjoy it, but I'm pretty disappointed with the writing for this one.
Quote Reply
Re: End Game [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The "girl power" scene was way too forced....

Interesting. I didn't even notice it. I just saw a group of superheroes. I'm serious. My wife had to point it out later.

Quote Reply
Re: End Game [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

One problem was that if you paid attention to pop culture or news, you knew a few people had to leave. You knew it was Dowey's last Marvel movie. You knew it was Evans's last Marvel movie.

Yeah, but for Black Widow, she has a movie announced. That's the one that surprised me. I knew Evans and Downey were done, but killing BW?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a surprise. So for the BW movie, either/or:

1) Origin story

2) Replacing the soul stone brings her back to life (a soul for a soul).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
That was a surprise. So for the BW movie, either/or:

1) Origin story

2) Replacing the soul stone brings her back to life (a soul for a soul).

I know Hulk said he couldn't bring her back, but didn't Cap also say that at the end? I have to rewatch it. Maybe it was Hawkeye who said it. i know 2 different people said it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:
The "girl power" scene was way too forced....

Interesting. I didn't even notice it. I just saw a group of superheroes. I'm serious. My wife had to point it out later.

I was with my 12 YO daughter and her friend and they thought it was awesome. I thought it was tastefully done and at that point when grouping heros, I thought it made sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Origin story for BW I believe.
Quote Reply