Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How good a Canuck are you - take this quiz [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
47... did not know the beaver and maple syrup one - :-)

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they took away the optional answers and had people directly answer the question, my bet is the scores would be cut in half.

It's the dumbing down in full force.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I a good Canuck because I got 48 out of 50, or a bad Canuck because I missed the question about the capital? I guess it's like NYC and Albany, huh?

One upon a time I knew Ottawa was the capital, and I guess I know it again which is good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
49... miss the one about the lake bordering US
Quote Reply
Re: How good a Canuck are you - take this quiz [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:

Thats the one I blew. But I knew it. Did you know in that lake there is a peninsula of land the tip is in Minnesota, but the only way to get there from land is through Canada. If memory serves me correct it was because of a surveying error.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: How good a Canuck are you - take this quiz [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The quiz gave the wrong answer for the Prime Minister's address. Although the address has traditionally been 24 Sussex Drive, he currently lives at 1 Sussex Drive (the Governor General's residence). 24 Sussex Drive is falling apart and needs major renovations.
Quote Reply
Re: How good a Canuck are you - take this quiz [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
dalava wrote:

Thats the one I blew. But I knew it. Did you know in that lake there is a peninsula of land the tip is in Minnesota, but the only way to get there from land is through Canada. If memory serves me correct it was because of a surveying error.

So you picked Lake Wobegon?

From wiki:

Quote:
Lake Wobegon is a fictional town created by Garrison Keillor as the setting of the "News from Lake Wobegon" segment of the radio program A Prairie Home Companion. Lake Wobegon is also the setting of many of Keillor's stories and novels. It is described as a small rural town in central Minnesota, and is peopled with fictional characters and places, many of which became familiar to listeners of the broadcast. The events and adventures of the townspeople provided Keillor with a wealth of humorous and often touching stories.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: How good a Canuck are you - take this quiz [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That's why people are scoring so high and thinking they know a lot about Canada as a result. The alternative answers make it easy.

If you simply asked, "what is the address of the Prime Minister" or "what is the Motto of Canada in Latin" my bet is that almost no one would know it.

These quizzes are the equivalent of "everyone get's an A"...
Quote Reply
Re: How good a Canuck are you - take this quiz [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
dalava wrote:

From wiki:

Quote:
Lake Wobegon is a fictional town created by Garrison Keillor as the setting of the "News from Lake Wobegon" segment of the radio program A Prairie Home Companion. Lake Wobegon is also the setting of many of Keillor's stories and novels. It is described as a small rural town in central Minnesota, and is peopled with fictional characters and places, many of which became familiar to listeners of the broadcast. The events and adventures of the townspeople provided Keillor with a wealth of humorous and often touching stories.

Yes I knew the right answer... and talked myself out of it, (there is a large resort in upper michigan called lake of the woods, and I talked myself out of that.. It was really dumb, I even told my wife I am going to get this wrong... Just over thought it.. story of my life.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: How good a Canuck are you - take this quiz [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

That's why people are scoring so high and thinking they know a lot about Canada as a result. The alternative answers make it easy.

If you simply asked, "what is the address of the Prime Minister" or "what is the Motto of Canada in Latin" my bet is that almost no one would know it.

These quizzes are the equivalent of "everyone get's an A"...

Thats why I said if your American and know Hockey you should ace it.. just cause you would now the wrong answers which leaves the other as the only right choice.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: How good a Canuck are you - take this quiz [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sask is basically a giant prairie...

I missed the church one, as a Minnesotan, many southerners just assume we are basically Canadian, that is actually the fellars from NoDak.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: How good a Canuck are you - take this quiz [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
super easy - crushed it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got to question number 15. I am a good canuk my internet isn't very fast eh.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply

Prev Next