Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment
Quote | Reply
Strapped his three year old into a car seat and set the car on fire.

Does this make the cut if you usually are opposed to the death penalty?

To the high and mighty who believe government doesn't have the right to kill people, would you consider vigilantism in this case.

And yes Duffy, I'd throw the first match. (I'd also strongly advocate no accelerants and green wood).
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a reason for the maxim, hard cases make bad law.

This would be the perfect example of that adage.

Does he deserve to die? Sure. State sponsored execution is still wrong.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
There is a reason for the maxim, hard cases make bad law.

This would be the perfect example of that adage.

Does he deserve to die? Sure. State sponsored execution is still wrong.

I'll mark you down as pro vigilantism then
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

To the high and mighty who believe government doesn't have the right to kill people, would you consider vigilantism in this case.

And yes Duffy, I'd throw the first match. (I'd also strongly advocate no accelerants and green wood).

Deducting 20 points for no explanation of what the fuck you're talking about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m guessing Chicago? One of my uncles is a counselor at Cook County Jail (27 years, he holds the record). He’s told me some really horrendous stories over the years. Truly sadistic stuff that somehow never made the news. The worst one was about a thug who put some girl’s newborn in an oven in front of her and made her watch as he cooked the baby.

For all of those who are opposed to the death penalty because of some convoluted “high road” moral argument, I’ll let you in on a little secret: what happened to that thug in jail was far worse than death.
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
windywave wrote:

News story I saw .... there's this thing called Google
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
I’m guessing Chicago? One of my uncles is a counselor at Cook County Jail (27 years, he holds the record). He’s told me some really horrendous stories over the years. Truly sadistic stuff that somehow never made the news. The worst one was about a thug who put some girl’s newborn in an oven in front of her and made her watch as he cooked the baby.

For all of those who are opposed to the death penalty because of some convoluted “high road” moral argument, I’ll let you in on a little secret: what happened to that thug in jail was far worse than death.

New York IIRC

I hope he died eventually
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Life as a child killer in prison is worse than death.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Nope

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
zed707 wrote:
windywave wrote:

I shouldn't have to Google what the fuck you're talking about.

I deduct another 20 points.
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

At one of my former jobs, I worked with a few prison guards. They said that even in prison there is an "honor system" where criminals who hurt kids (rape, murder, abuse, etc...) are considered the lowest of the low. They said these guys are in for a very hard life behind bars
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
windywave wrote:

Nope

You miss the part where he strapped the three year old in and then burned the thtee year old alive?
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
windywave wrote:
zed707 wrote:
windywave wrote:

I shouldn't have to Google what the fuck you're talking about.

I deduct another 20 points.

I provided a synopsis. There's mitigating circumstance for burning a child alive.
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eye3md wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

At one of my former jobs, I worked with a few prison guards. They said that even in prison there is an "honor system" where criminals who hurt kids (rape, murder, abuse, etc...) are considered the lowest of the low. They said these guys are in for a very hard life behind bars

Yes but couple that with knowing you're going to endure being burned alive and the other inmates know to not kill you so you can be burned alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
windywave wrote:

Nope

You miss the part where he strapped the three year old in and then burned the thtee year old alive?

If this happened to one of my grandchildren, there would be no trial or incarceration. Only vengeance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately the perpetrator is still alive. And you left out the part where he chained the doors of the car shut so no one could come to the little girl's aid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

It could be argued that state sponsored execution is too merciful for this piece of filth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://nypost.com/...e-setting-the-blaze/

Local event for me. All over the news. Technically on Long Island, but inside the NYC limits so they get credit for this one.

The details just keep getting worse. I'm begging to think mental illness was involved. I don't see how anyone could do that, even on drugs.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:

It could be argued that state sponsored execution is too merciful for this piece of filth.

And that is my stance on the death penalty. I have no problem with the death penalty being carried out, but IMO it is the easy way out. I think that there are some crimes that are so heinous that punishment should include pain and misery. If it becomes too much for them to bear, then give them a butter knife and let them end it.

The three sub-humans in Chicago that strangled a young expecting mother and then cut her baby out of the womb also qualify.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
windywave wrote:

Nope

Nope, it was a terrible crime and he should go to jail forever.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:

The details just keep getting worse. I'm begging to think mental illness was involved. I don't see how anyone could do that, even on drugs.

i took a close quarters handgun class a couple weeks ago. the instructors recommended this book.

https://www.amazon.com/...logist/dp/0375702482

one of the things the instructors said we 'normal' people do is try to project our 'normalness' on the rest of society. bottom line, there are sick people out there. some of the sick people are violent and violence is their norm. it's their job. there is evil out there that needs to be cleansed from the earth.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
windywave wrote:

Nope

NO, I think you just refuse or are incapable of understanding the reason some oppose the death penalty.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: There is not a cruel or unusual enough punishment [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:

Local event for me. All over the news. Technically on Long Island, but inside the NYC limits so they get credit for this one.

Thanks for the link, nice to be able to find what the OP is talking about without having to go search.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:

Interesting that it appears he may have started to kill himself.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remain opposed to state sponsored murder, but I'd have no problem personally giving this piece of garbage the Dothraki "crown for a king" treatment.

It would still be too merciful for what he deserves.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply

Prev Next