Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

30 years of depression cured
Quote | Reply
I really hope that this therapy can help someone here or someone you know. The author of this story suffered tremendously from depression and anxiety for 30+ years before finding a therapy / cure;

"As an adult, major depressive episodes raged on six separate occasions, resulting in seven arrests, two DWI charges (neither stuck), $57,000 in toxic debt, a credit score in the 300s, 47 trips to emergency clinics for “heart attacks” (panic attacks), three stints in outpatient rehab, two evictions, an extended era of homelessness, waxing and waning alcohol and drug abuse, and a kind of bitter, spiteful anger that emerged only when the smiles could bury it no longer."

https://medium.com/...on-gone-3dffafabc7cf

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: 30 years of depression cured [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not cured! The dude took drugs for awhile and liked it.
"I know the sample size is small. I know I’ve only been on this current course for six weeks or so. I know before waving the “Mission: Accomplished” banner, I need to wait. I have a “booster infusion” coming up on May 24, to stave off any kind of rebound effects. Like the Fast and the Furious, I live my life 200 milligrams at a time

What is ketamine?
Ketamine is a dissociative anesthetic used in human anesthesia and veterinary medicine. Dissociative drugs are hallucinogens that cause a person to feel detached from reality. Much of the ketamine sold on the street has been diverted from veterinarians’ offices. Ketamine’s chemical structure and mechanism of action are similar to those of PCP.1

How is ketamine used?
Ketamine is snorted or swallowed. It is odorless and tasteless, so it can be added to beverages without being detected, and it induces amnesia. Because it has been used to commit sexual assaults due to its ability to sedate and incapacitate unsuspecting victims, ketamine is also considered to be a “date rape” drug.1

What do young people hear about ketamine?
Ketamine can cause dream-like states and hallucinations. People who use the drug report sensations ranging from a pleasant feeling of floating to being separated from their bodies.

What are the risks of using ketamine?
Some ketamine experiences involve a terrifying feeling of almost complete sensory detachment that is likened to a near-death experience. These experiences, similar to a “bad trip” on LSD, are called the “K-hole.” Low-dose intoxication from ketamine results in impaired attention, learning ability, and memory. In high doses, ketamine can cause delirium, amnesia, impaired motor function, high blood pressure, depression, and potentially fatal respiratory problems.

Flashbacks have been reported several weeks after ketamine is used. Prolonged use may also cause agitation, depression, cognitive difficulties, unconsciousness, and amnesia.2
Quote Reply
Re: 30 years of depression cured [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
No kidding! The guy reminds me of Joe Rogan trying to sell everyone on the value of psychedelic drugs.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: 30 years of depression cured [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
getcereal wrote:

No kidding! The guy reminds me of Joe Rogan trying to sell everyone on the value of psychedelic drugs.

Quote Reply
Re: 30 years of depression cured [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s “toxic debt”?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: 30 years of depression cured [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me the K-hole was the goal.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: 30 years of depression cured [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100% agree, this could just be a major breakthrough med (from talking to MD ). There is a strict protocol for treatement. It is done in a center, and after drug administration (nasal) need to stay for few/number of hours for side effect as well as BP/vital check.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Perseus wrote:
getcereal wrote:

I don't want to call you guys out but I think you're a bit of a harsh crowd. There are plenty of drugs that *can* be abused, but also have legitimate medical uses. This is one of them.

And considering jkca1's experience with his daughter, you should at least read the studies and be a little more open minded before blasting the story. If those doctor-supervised treatments saved a life, who cares if it's a dissociative.

Thanks. When you are in the position where someone you love is miserable and suicidal you have to keep an open mind when it comes to different treatments. My daughter's doc said he would never recommend weed for anxiety, but many of us know people that use it for anxiety and it works. I have been watching the micoro-dosage studies with LSD and with Psilocybin mushrooms. Some people have found solace with that therapy, others still struggling are using light therapy, hypnosis, acupuncture and the list goes on. I don't know if a cure will ever be found for my kid, but if someone else finds help through a non-standard method more power to them.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Perseus wrote:
getcereal wrote:

I don't want to call you guys out but I think you're a bit of a harsh crowd. There are plenty of drugs that *can* be abused, but also have legitimate medical uses. This is one of them.

And considering jkca1's experience with his daughter, you should at least read the studies and be a little more open minded before blasting the story. If those doctor-supervised treatments saved a life, who cares if it's a dissociative.

I hear what you're saying. I work in the mental health field and see rampant drug abuse, both prescribed and otherwise, and it's not good. I also live in Colorado and we're just scratched the surface on marijuana use. All the initial statistics and research are really bad, but good luck putting the genie back in the bottle.

As it relates to the article, six months of ketamine use, accompanied by a reduction in depressive symptoms, is a far cry from being cured from a lifetime of MDD. Also, mental health professional largely consider disassociation something to avoid, not something to pursue. That being said, in extreme cases of depression some people are still going to hospitals and having their brain electrocuted so...
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: spudone: May 17, 19 11:28
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Perseus wrote:
getcereal wrote:

Fair enough, there might be some legit help form this powerful drug (I wish the best). But the title suggested something, that he was cured and he has only been at it for 6 weeks. So call me skeptical.
Last edited by: getcereal: May 17, 19 12:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything that keeps people from taking their life, or becoming addicts, certainly warrants more research.
Quote Reply