Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Plot Thickens
Quote | Reply
https://slate.com/...sia-cooperation.html

Can you say obstruction to hide collusion? Trump and his cronies are up to their eyeballs in it. This just happened to be the first link there are multiple media sources for this.
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you not understand what TOTAL EXONERATION means?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this was going to be about Comey and Brennen throwing each under the bus about using the Steele (Russian) Dossier.
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
I thought this was going to be about Comey and Brennen throwing each under the bus about using the Steele (Russian) Dossier.

Ah no, without BK, this is the Lavender- TDS- room!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:

If it's fine for Trump to get help from Russia and use their opposition research what's wrong with the FBI using the same? You can't have both ways. Rudy has blown the GOP's whole argument against the Steele Dossier. Seeing as how the majority of the Dossier has turned out to be accurate I don't see the problem. I think the only things that have not been verified are the Pee tape and Cohen being in Prague. Anyone with half a brain can see Trump is in debt to Putin and follows his orders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two big things.

First, Mueller says that there were contacts between Flynn and trump's team that he did not know about until Flynn told him.

Second, someone(s?) from congress was also trying to tamper with the witness. Who in congress are they referring to?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If it's fine for Trump to get help from Russia and use their opposition research

What opposition research did Trump receive?

The accusations here and from the left was that Trump was willing to accept help from Russia. But he never did. Trump Jr. tried to get out of the Trump Tower meeting early because it was a waste of time. Clinton and the DNC, sought out help from Russia, and just funnelled it through Steele and Fusion GPS, and tried to hide the money trail by laundering it through some law firm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who the F leaves a message when they’re tampering with a witness?

Only the best people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:
If it's fine for Trump to get help from Russia and use their opposition research

The accusations here and from the left was that Trump was willing to accept help from Russia. But he never did. Trump Jr. tried to get out of the Trump Tower meeting early because it was a waste of time. Clinton and the DNC, sought out help from Russia, and just funnelled it through Steele and Fusion GPS, and tried to hide the money trail by laundering it through some law firm.

Trump Jr. claims he tried to get out of the meeting. He also claimed he never met with any Russians. He then claimed this meeting did not happen. Then he claimed that the meeting was about adoptions. Then he claimed there were only X number of people in the meeting. Then he claimed it was only X+1 number of people. Then he claimed it was only X+2 number of people.

But yes, lets believe what junior says, because you can only lie so many times about a single meeting, surely now he must be telling the truth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

and you accuse others of being deranged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
The accusations here and from the left was that Trump was willing to accept help from Russia. But he never did.

Your conclusion on this statement is wrong. The investigation established that russia wanted to help trump, trump accepted russia's help, and trump failed to defend the country's electoral system from a foreign attack.

There was no legal duty of trump to stop Russia from influencing the election.

But to say trump was not willing to accept russias help or that he never did is factually incorrect.
Last edited by: patentattorney: May 17, 19 7:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
The accusations here and from the left was that Trump was willing to accept help from Russia. But he never did.

No the accusations are not from the left, but from Mueller. These below are a summary of the findings in the Mueller report with respect to cooperation or "help" from Russia for the Trump campaign.

1. Trump was receptive to a Campaign national security adviser’s (George Papadopoulos) pursuit of a back channel to Putin.
2. Kremlin operatives provided the Campaign a preview of the Russian plan to distribute stolen emails.
3. The Trump Campaign chairman and deputy chairman (Paul Manafort and Rick Gates) knowingly shared internal polling data and information onbattleground states with a Russian spy; and the Campaign chairman worked with the Russian spy on a pro-Russia “peace” plan for Ukraine.
4. The Trump Campaign chairman periodically shared internal polling data with the Russian spy with the expectation it would be shared with Putin-linked oligarch, Oleg Deripaska.
5. Trump Campaign chairman Manafort expected Trump’s winning the presidency would mean Deripaska would want to use Manafort to advanceDeripaska’s interests in the United States and elsewhere.
6. Trump Tower meeting: (1) On receiving an email offering derogatory information on Clinton coming from a Russian government official, Donald Trump Jr. “appears to have accepted that offer;” (2) members of the Campaign discussed the Trump Tower meeting beforehand; (3) Donald Trump Jr. told the Russians during the meeting that Trump could revisit the issue of the Magnitsky Act if elected.
7. A Trump Campaign official told the Special Counsel he “felt obliged to object” to a GOP Platform change on Ukraine because it contradicted Trump’s wishes; however, the investigation did not establish that Gordon was directed by Trump.
8. Russian military hackers may have followed Trump’s July 27, 2016 public statement “Russia if you’re listening …” within hours by targeting Clinton’s personal office for the first time.
9. Trump requested campaign affiliates to get Clinton’s emails, which resulted in an individual apparently acting in coordination with the Campaign claiming to have successfully contacted Russian hackers.
10. The Trump Campaign—and Trump personally—appeared to haveadvanced knowledge of future WikiLeaks releases.
11. The Trump Campaign coordinated campaign-related public communications based on future WikiLeaks releases.
12. Michael Cohen, on behalf of the Trump Organization, brokered a secret deal for a Trump Tower Moscow project directly involving Putin’s inner circle, at least until June 2016.
13. During the presidential transition, Jared Kushner and Eric Prince engaged in secret back channel communications with Russian agents. (1) Kushner suggested to the Russian Ambassador that they use a secure communication line from within the Russian Embassy to speak with Russian Generals; and (2) Prince and Kushner’s friend Rick Gerson conducted secret back channel meetings with a Putin agent to develop a plan for U.S.-Russian relations.
14. During the presidential transition, in coordination with other members of the Transition Team, Michael Flynn spoke with the Russian Ambassador to prevent a tit for tat Russian response to the Obama administration’s imposition of sanctions for election interference; the Russians agreed not to retaliate saying they wanted a good relationship with the incoming administration.
Source
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:

Can you say obstruction to hide collusion? Trump and his cronies are up to their eyeballs in it. This just happened to be the first link there are multiple media sources for this.

Oh, wow. This is it, he's definitely going down now. Does Rachel Maddow know about this? I'll bet Maxine and Tlaib are just beside themselves with excitement just thinking about what an over-the-top impeachment party they are going to have.

Obstruction to hide collusion. Shit, Trump is done. Biden 2020!

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

Oh, wow. This is it, he's definitely going down now. Does Rachel Maddow know about this? I'll bet Maxine and Tlaib are just beside themselves with excitement just thinking about what an over-the-top impeachment party they are going to have.

Obstruction to hide collusion. Shit, Trump is done. Biden 2020!

Greg

Don't forget The View

Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏
hours ago

It now seems the General Flynn was under investigation long before was common knowledge. It would have been impossible for me to know this but, if that was the case, and with me being one of two people who would become president, why was I not told so that I could make a change?

If only someone had tried to warn him about Flynn...

He's either completely abandoned all pretense of rational messaging as a byproduct of a lifelong consequence-free existence, or he's just fucking senile.

Sally Yates tried to warn Donald Trump about Michael Flynn and Russia before he fired her

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏
hours ago

It now seems the General Flynn was under investigation long before was common knowledge. It would have been impossible for me to know this but, if that was the case, and with me being one of two people who would become president, why was I not told so that I could make a change?

He's either completely abandoned all pretense of rational messaging as a byproduct of a lifelong consequence-free existence, or he's just fucking senile.

Sally Yates tried to warn Donald Trump about Michael Flynn and Russia before he fired her

That was many months too late. No?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏
hours ago

Stop it, there's a good circle jerk going on here. Join in, like I did. Enjoy Trump's last days as the President and Lean Forward.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏
hours ago

How was it many months too late? Flynn wasn't even in the job for a month.

Also, you know someone did warn him before trump was even sworn in.
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
H- wrote:
sphere wrote:
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏
hours ago

Stop it, there's a good circle jerk going on here.
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bottom line is if you read what’s been released of the Mueller report. Trump’s campaign colluded with the Russians and Trump obstructed Justice. That’s the redacted version. I have no doubt the complete version and the intelligence investigation would show Trump and numerous GOP congressmen are compromised by Russia. That is why they are doing everything possible to obstruct and prevent it from becoming public. If it exonerated him it would read aloud every hour on Fox entertainment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
     Italy just punted the top guys in most of their intel agencies. How does that play?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When do impeachment proceedings begin?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
When do impeachment proceedings begin?

When the democratic leaders grow some balls, so no time soon. They are to busy getting high. I mean going high. But you can bet there will be some stern letters and tweets coming.
Quote Reply
Re: The Plot Thickens [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

Sorry I got confused. I thought the concern was Russians meddling in the election so the time period of concern was before the election.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply

Prev Next