Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Returning to running after injury
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, I got a knee injury back in April and stopped running for about 6 weeks as recommended by my doctor and physical therapist. My knee now feels much better and since 6 weeks has passed I am now beginning to slowly run again. I have an Olympic race in 4 weeks and I need to build as much run fitness as I can before then without over doing it and possibly injuring myself further. I am not expecting to have a fast run on the day and I would be happy with a reasonably paced effort...for my ability.

I am wondering if anybody has had an interruption like this so close to a race and how you approached returning to running?

Thanks for any input you may have.
Last edited by: Barberdolan: May 16, 19 20:57
Quote Reply
Re: Returning to running after injury [Barberdolan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get as much swim fitness and bike fitness as you can. Walk as much as your body can handle. Introduce running conservatively and ramp it conservatively. I wouldn't do anything serious. Let the race be your first test back. You will do great.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Returning to running after injury [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Get as much swim fitness and bike fitness as you can. Walk as much as your body can handle. Introduce running conservatively and ramp it conservatively. I wouldn't do anything serious. Let the race be your first test back. You will do great.

Thank you, much appreciated!!
Quote Reply