Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their newest video "The Rookie" is extremely well done. It's a brutal workout as well. 3x10' never hurt so much.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [matt_tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just purchased 4 Sufferfest video's (BLENDER, ISLAGIATT,LOCAL HERO, and CHRYSALIS) for the Kickr/trainerroad. I will be using them for the Outseason. I plan on using a combination of the EN outseason plan and trainerroad Half Ironman plan (I have tailored my past season's this way). I was looking to spice things up with the video aspect of Sufferfest. I was wondering how many of you use your Sufferfest videos. Do you use them as your sole training plan or thrown in once or twice a week?

HoneyMaxx Ambassador
HoneyMaxx.com
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [matt_tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matt_tris wrote:
Their newest video "The Rookie" is extremely well done. It's a brutal workout as well. 3x10' never hurt so much.

I just bought The Rookie yesterday as well though won't have a chance to use it until next week. I'm expecting big things!!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [iscorpchazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this is a super old thread... but for me it's The Blender... it's built into the PerfPro db of workouts and is pretty tough! Of the few I've done, I'm barely hanging on for the last couple of sets.

I'd love to figure out how to get the vids to go along with the workouts but it looks like they've gone app based now and don't sell vids.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The worst of any kind of workout is the kind you are not not prepared for. Mentally, form, or nutritionally.

I've done all manner of different rookie/amateur workouts in the last 2 years. 30/30, 1min/1min, 3x3min sets, under/overs, hour of upper zone SS, 20 min test.

A few times I've tried workouts at a duration or a % after not doing the "homework" of the right workouts in weeks leading up to them. You subsequently fail the last reps or set or kill yourself trying.

You can't jump into 3x3min of 130% or so sets without first having done some homework before hand of your 3x8' @100% and 3x10' and maybe even some under/overs. Then be fresh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You, like me, are probably awash in the $10/mo subscription fees that are the affliction of our digital age. But a Sufferfest subscription is well worth it. I had a library of their videos before they went app-based, and after holding out for a while, finally caved in and subscribed. No regrets.

But my favorite is still the first one I ever downloaded: A Very Dark Place. It's a great workout. I also have some nostalgia for it. I had just gotten a bike and a trainer, and downloaded the video on a friends recommendation. Oh, how I suffered. It was glorious. And it still is.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [SoonerMagic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly... I want another monthly fee like I want a hole in my head... but I may sign up since I do like the workouts to see if the videos are of any value or not.

Among many things I like about PerfPro is that it is a one time fee.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [SoonerMagic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another +1 for A Very Dark Place. My first ever Suf video and favourite go to session for glorious suffering.

I finally gave in and did the 4DP test the other week. I suffered, really hard. Bring it on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the App and even have done 2 of the ‘tour of sufferlandria’ and a ‘knighthood challenge”. I’ve done the videos a lot. To be honest, unless it is a really easy video, I only watch the first few minutes. After that I don’t notice. Ditto the music. No idea. The Pavlovian effect of a gunshot is about it (increases in power are signalled with a gunshot). Oh, the count down timer too.

For me the selling point is the plans and test. You could easily do them yourself and design intervals using free software, but I would just do it haphazardly. It also encourages other things, like yoga & mental training, which I would not include in a plan myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [Eerke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been suffering long enough to have a half dozen videos on DVD (still a subscriber). My first was 'Fight Club'. It required many tries to get through it completely when I started out. Still kicks my butt to this day, but I love it. Unlike some others, the video, music and storyline are motivating for me. As far as a current favorite? I pretty much hate them all equally. :) Actually, I prefer the structured intervals over the race simulations. My favorite is probably the Omnium - just so many different ways to suffer! And I do think that the yoga and mindfulness stuff adds real value. I've started doing a little of it and hope to build to more over the summer. And yes, the 4DP is quite good, I think.

Overall, I think that the Sufferfest is continuously evolving in ways that some of the competition is not, generating some uniqueness. Hard to imagine all of the $10/mo-ish training services surviving. Maybe a game - who buys who first? Zwift has the deepest pockets, I'd guess. Xert is clever and (relatively) small - a perfect takeover opportunity. But so ... many ... others in the middle - hard to know how this will all shake out.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a combination of Zwift for easy cruising Zone 2 miles and occasional races on the weekend, Sufferfest for the hard ass-kicking intensity stuff, and TrainerRoad for the overall structure and training plans.

It seems to work.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for Fight Club.

The Shovel is a beating as well - but well worth it!
Quote Reply

Prev Next