Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I agree with Trump
Quote | Reply
"The Dems are getting another beauty to join their group. Bill de Blasio of NYC, considered the worst mayor in the U.S., will supposedly be making an announcement for president today. He is a JOKE, but if you like high taxes & crime, he’s your man. NYC HATES HIM!"

- DJT, 16 May 2019

...de Blasio is an idiot, not least for thinking he has the faintest chance of winning the Dem primary.
Quote Reply
Re: I agree with Trump [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not even worthy of a Trumpnickname, apparently.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since we're giving the Stable Genius credit for being right, here are some prophetic statements he tweeted around 2012/13.

"Now that Obama's poll numbers are in tailspin -- watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate."(10/9/12)

"Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!" (10/22/12)

"Remember what I previously said--Obama will someday attack Iran in order to show how tough he is." (9/23/13)

"Remember that I predicted a long time ago that President Obama will attack Iran because of his inability to negotiate properly-not skilled!" (11/10/13)

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: I agree with Trump [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is far to easy to be cynical. We must strive to do better. Nah! Just joking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When will the parade of stars end? I think we have sufficient membership to field a full cabinet. The mayor would make a fine replacement to Carson at HUD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welp, nickname in effect.

Silly Bill de Blasio.

Put a fork in him...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: I agree with Trump [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Silly Bill de Blasio.

Put a fork in him...

So creative. How does he come up with them so quickly?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: May 16, 19 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: I agree with Trump [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Silly Bill de Blasio.

Put a fork in him...

Team of advisors.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Silly Bill de Blasio.

Put a fork in him...

Quote Reply
Re: I agree with Trump [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Silly Bill de Blasio.

Put a fork in him...

Team of advisors.

Man, they should get a raise. I mean Silly Bill? Holy shit.

Knocked. It. Out. Of. The. Park.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Silly Bill de Blasio.

Put a fork in him...

Team of advisors.

Man, they should get a raise. I mean Silly Bill? Holy shit.

Knocked. It. Out. Of. The. Park.

Some people just have it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: I agree with Trump [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Here is how I know that this is fake:
- If it was released by the Trump, there is NO WAY he would have allowed himself to be #2. The ego would not allow it.
- If it was published by any independent, professional testing centre - Trump would be #1... from the bottom.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
"The Dems are getting another beauty to join their group. Bill de Blasio of NYC, considered the worst mayor in the U.S., will supposedly be making an announcement for president today. He is a JOKE, but if you like high taxes & crime, he’s your man. NYC HATES HIM!"

- DJT, 16 May 2019

...de Blasio is an idiot, not least for thinking he has the faintest chance of winning the Dem primary.

Nope. 10th safest city in the world at the end of 2017. The crime rate is very low here.

High taxes? Welcome to NY in general, but NYC isn't that high considering what you get for your money.

Hated by NYC/Worst mayor in any major US city? That is a pretty subjective, but I don't think he ranks any lower in city management than Trump does in major country management.

Can Big Bill when the party nomination? I would say there are some pretty long odds to pull it off, but then a lot of people said that about Trump, yet here we are.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: I agree with Trump [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

- DJT, 16 May 2019

Nope. 10th safest city in the world at the end of 2017. The crime rate is very low here.

High taxes? Welcome to NY in general, but NYC isn't that high considering what you get for your money.

Hated by NYC/Worst mayor in any major US city? That is a pretty subjective, but I don't think he ranks any lower in city management than Trump does in major country management.

Can Big Bill when the party nomination? I would say there are some pretty long odds to pull it off, but then a lot of people said that about Trump, yet here we are.

I've lived and/or worked in NYC for 20 years. IMO Bloomberg was an infinitely better mayor on any measure you care to use. de Blasio is so bad that 76% of Democrats in NYC don't want him to be the Dem presidential nominee.

Today's NYP cover sums it up de Blasio's running for president:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you only challenge the one thing that I qualified as subjective, and then quoted the New York Post to prove your point.

At least you are acting like a Trump supporter in an approved manner.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

- DJT, 16 May 2019

I agree with you accept for the last line about winning nomination. It doesn't help anyone or anything
When I worked in the city a former co-worker have moved to Staten Island. The taxes there are/were a joke.
I think he is not respected (not hated), big difference. Don't let 45 tell you how you feel. But NYC goes thru cycles like this.
As of crime, it is lower for sure and its not credited to de Blasio. I remember the days you couldn't walk 42st and Harlem was off limits.

Typical tweet but its becoming acceptable regardless.
Last edited by: b4itwascold: May 16, 19 12:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
N10th safest city in the world at the end of 2017. The crime rate is very low here.

In the World? I assume you mean that in the American way, as in the MLB winners are 'World Champions'.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
AutomaticJack wrote:
N10th safest city in the world at the end of 2017. The crime rate is very low here.

In the World? I assume you mean that in the American way, as in the MLB winners are 'World Champions'.

"Violent crime in New York City has been dropping since 1991[1] and, as of 2017[update], is among the lowest of major cities in the United States. In 2017, there were 290 homicides, the lowest number since the 1940s.[2] According to a 2015 ranking of 50 cities by The Economist, New York was the 10th-overall-safest major city in the world, as well as the 28th-safest in personal safety.[3]"

3.^ "The Safe Cities Index 2015" (PDF). The Economist Intelligence Unit. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 27, 2015

Sorry. The ranking was from 2015, not 2017

I guess Americans are the only ones that can look up facts? I know, based on the current administration's statements you just assume anything we say it a blatant lie, and I understand that. A lot of us question things we took as fact not too long ago for the same reason.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
So you only challenge the one thing that I qualified as subjective, and then quoted the New York Post to prove your point.

At least you are acting like a Trump supporter in an approved manner.

Well you agree about Trump on taxes, and you say NY was 10th safest in 2015, which is the year after de Blasio became mayor, so I think we can both agree he had little to do with that. Indeed, rapes were up 22% last year.

If you think de Blasio is doing a good job as mayor of NYC that's great, but you're in the minority.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected.

I will point out that NYC is 10th, from a selected list of 50. The reality is that probably all large cities in Japan, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, and most in Australia, Canada and New Zealand are safer than NYC. There are probably over 100 cities that are safer but were simply were not used by The Economist for this study.

But that should not take away from the remarkable story that is NYC's transformation from 70's horrorshow to what is by far and away the safest & best big city in the USA. And not coincidentally, the big city with the tightest gun control for the past 20+ years.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
I stand corrected.

I will point out that NYC is 10th, from a selected list of 50. The reality is that probably all large cities in Japan, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, and most in Australia, Canada and New Zealand are safer than NYC. There are probably over 100 cities that are safer but were simply were not used by The Economist for this study.

But that should not take away from the remarkable story that is NYC's transformation from 70's horrorshow to what is by far and away the safest & best big city in the USA. And not coincidentally, the big city with the tightest gun control for the past 20+ years.

That’s not possible. Gun control can’t work in the US. I am pretty sure the reduction in crime is from sincere prayers and good thoughts.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
I stand corrected.

Mid-late 80's were not fun either. Are you in the U.S.(no pun intended).
Quote Reply
Re: I agree with Trump [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
Are you in the U.S.(no pun intended).

Not at the moment. But I went to grade school and high school in Greenville, SC and worked on some projects round the country.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Silly Bill de Blasio.

Put a fork in him...

BTW, back in my younger days there was a dude that hung out in our group of friends (kind of on the periphery) that everyone called Ill Bill.

He even started calling himself that after the punk band, RKL, made a song about him called “Ill Bill”.

“Ill Bill” was an insult. The dude would get drunk. A lot. And every time he did he’d throw up, and then keep drinking. He’d show up at punk shows drunk and telling anyone that would listen, slurring, “I’m Ill Bill! RKL wrode ashong boud me. I’m Ill Bill!”

A slam pit would get going and people would take turn pushing Bill to the ground and slapping or punching him in the face, until he puked. After that he had the natural defense of being covered in vomit.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
I stand corrected.

Yes, there are about 50,000 cities in the world. The Economist chose to look at 50. If you "scaled up" the result and said that NY was the 10,000th safest city in the world, that might not sound like much to boast about. 2 cities from Australia; 6th and 9th. Every city in Australia is safer than NY. What's more, NY's rating is lifted by strong ratings in non-traditional measures such as "digital security". On the measure that first comes to mind for most people; "Personal security" NY rates 28 out of 50. Again, not much to boast about.

It is true that NY is remarkably different from the 1970s-80s. I remember when Australian "60 minutes" interviewed NY mayor Ed Koch back in around 1979. At the time the number of murders in NY city was about 3 times the number for our entire country. Koch was asked if he was embarrassed that there were parts of the city that "belonged" to criminals; even police knew better than to go there. Koch's answer was "Meh, I'm sure that's true of any city". Er, NO! The breakdown of the rule of law is not OK anywhere in a developed country.

NY actually got worse (with the crack epidemic) before it got better, but it's now about 80% lower than its peak. (Still higher than my whole f'ing country, but no longer 3 times higher, so there's that). How much can de Blasio be credited for though? It's a long-term trend from about 1990, thanks largely to zero tolerance (broken windows) policies, Roe v Wade, and gun control, none of which he initiated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next