Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Most Famous person you have met
Quote | Reply
Not just a handshake but at the minimum a conversation. Also excluding people you went to HS or college with.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Not just a handshake but at the minimum a conversation. Also excluding people you went to HS or college with.

..and for that reason, I am out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh Brolin (friend of friend).

Paul Walker
Spencer Pratt
Josh Holloway

Spent many hours training Jiu jitsu with them.

Went high school with Chris Schiflett

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: May 15, 19 13:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Airmiles andy

Kofi anan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to work in a bank branch in the early 90s, met both Sumner Redstone and Yo Yo Ma through there.

Met Larry Bird in a bar once when he was still playing with the Celtics, same with Bill Walton

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Turner&
Jane Fonda ( long story]
Henry Kissinger (Airport)
Ben Jones (baseball game)
Evander Holyfield ( shot pool )
Usher ( did some work for him)
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
windywave wrote:

You have no one else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Magic Johnson

Went to high school with Larry Page.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Met Robert Redford and Diana Ross in the 80s. (Both much more wrinkly in person than on screen.)

Helped teach Brooke Shields to scuba dive for a movie. (Not wrinkly at all)

Drank in the same pub as a few England rugby players in the 90s (Will Carling et al) and shared a few beers with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [b4itwascold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b4itwascold wrote:
windywave wrote:

You went to High School with someone from Shark Tank?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of the top of my head, Denny Hastert when he was SOTH. One of my best friends was in Congress for a good while so I've met a lot of national politicians. I probably talked to him solo for 15 minutes and walked away thinking "I can't believe that guy is SOTH, he seems like a real dumbass." Turns out I was pretty correct.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had lunch dinner with Phil Knight. had a chance to date Jamie Lee Curtis and Mckenzie Phillips once. Hung out with Bruce Dern for a couple weeks. Was friends with Eric Heiden superficially. Had meals with Diana Nyaid, Marty Liquori, Greg Myer, Arthur Ash. Got in trouble once when Pam Anderson hit on me in front of my girlfriend. Met all the early ladies of Baywatch, had many lunches with them over many years, The Hoff too.

Most recently had a couple hour surf session with Tom Carroll. Of course I'm discounting all the famous people you all know from the history of the sport, just assume I met and befriended most of them.

There are a bunch more, but my memory has slipped a bit, would need some old friends and a few barrels of really good beer to bring back a lot of those memories...Fun thread...
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
//I had lunch dinner with Phil Knight. had a chance to date Jamie Lee Curtis and Mckenzie Phillips once. Hung out with Bruce Dern for a couple weeks. Was friends with Eric Heiden superficially. Had meals with Diana Nyaid, Marty Liquori, Greg Myer, Arthur Ash. Got in trouble once when Pam Anderson hit on me in front of my girlfriend. Met all the early ladies of Baywatch, had many lunches with them over many years, The Hoff too.

Most recently had a couple hour surf session with Tom Carroll. Of course I'm discounting all the famous people you all know from the history of the sport, just assume I met and befriended most of them.

There are a bunch more, but my memory has slipped a bit, would need some old friends and a few barrels of really good beer to bring back a lot of those memories...Fun thread... //

Well, that makes you the most famous person I've ever met. Not that you'd remember meeting a commoner like myself (you know how you people are).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've shared a few before

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6602070#p6602070

Also, my cousin used to live next door to George Plimpton

His step-dad had some connections in the music business at the time [that's how we got into CBGB although we were totally underage], and had people coming & going through the apartment. In fact, he produced the album Cher made during her time with Gene Simmons, and did some work with Bruce Johnston of The Beach Boys

Paul Shaffer played piano at my cousin's funeral

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Robin Williams
Carrie Underwood
Willie Mays
George Brett
Barry Bonds (I was at ASU w/him so doesn't count)
Dierks Bentley
Chris Isaak
Eddie Money
Dancing With the Stars Maks Chemerkofsky
PK Subban, Shea Weber and all of the Nashville Predators of the last 5 seasons
Pierre McGuirre
Lots more musicians - I do live in Nashville

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, just used the phrase from the show.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to party with the Black Crows back in the early 90s. They were friends with one of my wife's best friends. That was fun. They were really down to earth good guys off stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lachlan Murdoch
Blanche Lincoln
Carly Simon
Alan Dershowitz
Kurt Vonnegut
Last edited by: wimsey: May 15, 19 14:26
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that makes you the most famous person I've ever met. Not that you'd remember meeting a commoner like myself (you know how you people are). //

Of the more than 2000 people that have stayed with me at my house over the years, I would say that I have more interaction with you than any of the others, so you are special... (-; I cannot believe we have not had lunch or a beer though, since we live rock throwing distance from each other now!! And I'm going to move this summer too!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Former Prime Ministers of Canada - Joe Clark and John Turner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap ton of athletes. Quite a few from OSU days and a lot of NFL guys.

Wife has much more famous but most of those stories don't get told. Got asked out by Jim Jackson in college and Barry Larkin asked her to dinner, she had no idea who Larkin was until I showed her.

I have a good infamous one. Played a lot of pool with John Hawkins of the Just Sweats murder infamy.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess Rick Wagner, is he even considered Famous?

Monty.. you didn't list Dan.. I mean how more famous can you be..

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to party with the Black Crows back in the early 90s. They were friends with one of my wife's best friends. That was fun. They were really down to earth good guys off stage.
Was it in the 90's that the toured with Jimmy Page? Now that would have been a dude I would loved to have met and hung with..
Quote Reply
Re: Most Famous person you have met [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, let's have that beer before you move. You moving back up to the desert compound?

I actually met Heather Locklear years ago at a takeout restaurant in Thousand Oaks where she lives (I lived there for 11 yrs). I walked in and was standing in line directly behind her and she glanced back at me when I walked in. I said, "Oh, hi Heather!"....she looked back at me trying to recall if she knew me, so I whispered, "hey, I know you don't know me but I wanted everyone here to think you do - my 15 mins of fame and all..." then she turned around and gave me a big hug and pretended like we were lifelong friends. Pretty funny, she was really cool.

Now's she's just batshit crazy, but that's another story I suppose.

I sat on directly next to Maxine Waters on a flight from LAX to DC a few years ago. Her team took up most of the first class cabin. I immediately disliked her, she treated her staff and the flight crew horribly. Never stopped talking and was disrespectful. She kept talking to me and I finally just ignored her completely. Can't say she's 'famous' but she is well known.
Last edited by: JD21: May 15, 19 14:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeez, I pee'd next to Walter Mondale thought that was something to lay claim to.
Quote Reply

Prev Next