Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Forerunner “music” watches: can you wirelessly update podcasts?
Quote | Reply
Wondering if you can wirelessly update podcasts on the Spotify music versions of the forerunner series. I listen to podcasts when I run often and don’t wanna have to connect to a computer to update the podcasts.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner “music” watches: can you wirelessly update podcasts? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told that Spotify will sync over wifi and the connect app instead of garmin express. I don't use Spotify so I can't comment other than that is what I was told... For loading up music from iTunes, I had to use garmin express on the computer.

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner “music” watches: can you wirelessly update podcasts? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming it works same on Forerunner as Fenix then yes. You have to have phone connected to companion app, but actual transfer is via WiFi.

It’s not particularly fast, but also doesn’t take forever.

Super easy to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner “music” watches: can you wirelessly update podcasts? [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as I can update new podcasts to the watch without having to use the computer I’m sold. I guess that would be via podcasts in Spotify
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't do it via the native app, but you can do it via Spotify.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s how I do it. I have my subscribed podcasts in Spotify app. Then go through Spotify library on watch to download what I want. It downloads, I listen, then delete it.

It’s easy peasy.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner “music” watches: can you wirelessly update podcasts? [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you still have to be a "Premium" Spotify subscriber if you are only downloading Podcasts to the watch?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner “music” watches: can you wirelessly update podcasts? [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Premium I believe - https://support.spotify.com/...sics/listen-offline/

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner “music” watches: can you wirelessly update podcasts? [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I change the speed playback? I usually listen to podcasts at 1.5x speed.
Quote Reply