Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best offline trainer app?
Quote | Reply
I know, strange question, but I'm headed back to sea and won't have internet. Are there any bike trainer apps that work well without connectivity?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Best offline trainer app? [bk2508] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
golden cheetah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another one for PerfPro Studio. I've been using this for years despite it not being ported to MacOS! Works great in a virtual machine such as Parallels on a MacBook Pro. Infinitely customisable, hundreds of free workouts and courses, easy enough to write your own workouts, match to a video, use with Netflix, use on your own or with a group and so on.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sufferfest has an offline mode, you download the content in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Golden Cheetah is Open Source and It's what I use.
You can create your own workouts or you can get some from ergdb.org (Free register. Previously it was no need to register and just get the files and plug it into GC)

GC has a lot of features (of which I don't even know how to use the whole off anyway) but the one you need to go on is just

1) Download
2) Install
3) Download some workouts or create your own
4) put the workouts into a directory and point GC to it
5) Pair your trainer (ANT+ FE-C) and whatever other sensor
6) Go to the "train" page and "ride on"

something along those lines.. (you do need a ANT+ stick or Bluetooth on your PC/Mac etc tho)
Quote Reply
Re: Best offline trainer app? [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
Another one for PerfPro Studio. I've been using this for years despite it not being ported to MacOS! Works great in a virtual machine such as Parallels on a MacBook Pro. Infinitely customisable, hundreds of free workouts and courses, easy enough to write your own workouts, match to a video, use with Netflix, use on your own or with a group and so on.
I also use PerfPro and it has a ton of workout content and you can build your own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know Trainerroad works off-line. I think it needs to check in 1x every 30 days to ensure your account is valid. if you need longer than that for a deployment, give the TR staff a shout. See what they can do for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bk2508 wrote:
I know, strange question, but I'm headed back to sea and won't have internet. Are there any bike trainer apps that work well without connectivity?
Thanks!

I'm entirely naive to all of these offline apps, but my frequency of wifi disconnects is forcing me to investigate. Question: do any of them operate in a mode that would be similar to a flat road, such that wattage is a product of gearing and cadence? In other words, the resistance at the wheel is fixed. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Best offline trainer app? [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PerfPro provides wattage from speed and cadence based on the power curve of your wind trainer

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply