Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kinvara 10?
Quote | Reply
I run in Kinvara's...have only run in the Kinvara 8s, because they worked for me. Haven't tried the 9s. The Kinvara 10s look decent, but I haven't heard a thing about them and haven't really seen anyone running in them. Does anyone know if they are decent or comparable to the previous versions? Sorry if I've missed discussions about this, but didn't see too much on a quick forum search.
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 10? [SBRmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Redesigned upper, new color schemes, and the biggest change was the contoured footbed.

Per Saucony: "The new footbed cradles your foot better than the previous version of the shoe to keep you centered during your run."

I've still got a pair of 8s that I'm rocking as well. Didn't notice significant change when I tried on the 9s/10s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run in almost every version of them. Some have been great, others not so much (lace lockdown thing, upper patterns, etc). I like the 10s and have a couple hundred miles on them, wear seems pretty minimal. Other reviews I read prior to purchase were largely positive. I also run in some of the newer Nike shoes with a lot of squish, and notice the kinvara's firmness on a relative scale...I find myself enjoying the Nike's more and more but still use the kinvaras most of the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 10? [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks - for some reason i prefer firmness over soft...it just feels faster, but that could all be a mental aspect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been running in kinvaras on and off for 5-6 years. The 9’s were my favorites with good cushion but a firm footbed. The 10 is too stiff in my opinion. They also feel wider. I have one pair, and after running in them a few times I bought 2 pairs of closeout 9’s.
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 10? [TheFever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel the exact same way. I’ve run in 6-10 and the 9s were my favorite. Soft but firm. Good cushion and feel. I choose the 9s (have 3 pair plus a back up) a lot more. Run in the 10s one every 2 weeks.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I'm crazy, but it feels like so many shoes are just not keeping up with the technological advances. Nike has the vaporfly zoom foam stuff, Adidas has the boost foam, hoka with the carbon x, and even Saucony has the everun. I used to run in the Kinvara 4 back in the day, but it just seems like not much has changed.

I look at all of these companies that keep releasing shoes without really changing anything. I feel as though the shoe game was somewhat easy to dabble in a few years ago, but now the technology has made the gap pretty wide.

Long winded diatribe, but it feels like these shoe models/companies of the past simply aren't keeping up.

Sidenote: When is Brooks going to release their version of the 4% that Des Linden wore in her 2018 Boston Marathon victory?

Team Zoot 2023
Last edited by: aerobean: May 14, 19 22:41
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 10? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
I feel the exact same way. I’ve run in 6-10 and the 9s were my favorite. Soft but firm. Good cushion and feel. I choose the 9s (have 3 pair plus a back up) a lot more. Run in the 10s one every 2 weeks.

I may go with the 9s if i can find a pair out there. I've heard somewhere that the 10s sized up about a half a size (compared to previous versions) - tried on a pair of size 11s (which i use for the 8s) and they did seem a big bigger...would probably go to 10.5 on those. Do you know if the 9s fit like the 8s?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run in a lot of Kinvara.

The 4 will always be my favorite.

The 8's were good, I really like the 9. I have a pair of 10. I'm not in love with them. I don't even know if I can tell you why. There is a different feel to them. I know someone said they felt wider, maybe that's it.
To me, they look more narrow, and that plays with my mind a little bit.....like I can't run in black shoes. It's a mental thing. Hell, maybe it's just the color of the 10s I have......

Anyway, I have two 9's and a 10 in rotation right now. I don't know if I'd get another pair of 10s.
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 10? [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, you have all missed the best Kinvara - the Kinvara (1, implicitly) - i.e. the first iteration. I loved that shoe, raced in it, fast trained in it, glued the edges back together a time or two. Finally, when the fabric started to tear in multiple locations (and at about 450 miles), I tossed them. I've run in the 4 and 8 and my impression is 1 > 4 > 8. Maybe I should try a 9...

EDIT to fix a typo.
Last edited by: giorgitd: May 16, 19 5:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRmd wrote:
Sbernardi wrote:

I may go with the 9s if i can find a pair out there. I've heard somewhere that the 10s sized up about a half a size (compared to previous versions) - tried on a pair of size 11s (which i use for the 8s) and they did seem a big bigger...would probably go to 10.5 on those. Do you know if the 9s fit like the 8s?

The change 8n sizing is the biggest thing I noticed with the 10s. They are lighter, too. I think maybe 0.5 oz by my scale? All in all, they are a fine shoe. The 8/9 was probably a bit better but not massively.
Quote Reply
Re: Kinvara 10? [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
I've run in almost every version of them. Some have been great, others not so much (lace lockdown thing, upper patterns, etc). I like the 10s and have a couple hundred miles on them, wear seems pretty minimal. Other reviews I read prior to purchase were largely positive. I also run in some of the newer Nike shoes with a lot of squish, and notice the kinvara's firmness on a relative scale...I find myself enjoying the Nike's more and more but still use the kinvaras most of the time.

Definitely worth a second mention that the 10 has finally gotten rid of the lace locking doo dad.

Quote Reply