Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nutritional deficiency? Intense muscle pain in legs when jumping and landing?
Quote | Reply
Train quite a bit and recover pretty well for the most part but recently I have noticed that when I jump up and land, I have intense pain in my quads that literally stops me from doing anything else for about 10 seconds. I might be playing catch with my son or something like that and an errant throw that requires me to jump up high usually has me in pain when I come down to the ground? This is 100 percent muscle pain, not joint pain and I'm not on any fad diets.

Insight as to what's going on/how to remedy things would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Last edited by: xntrickly: May 13, 19 14:19
Quote Reply
Re: Nutritional deficiency? Intense pain in legs when jumping and landing? [xntrickly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it's absolutely not related to nutrition....assuming you are not on some kind of idiotic fad diet.

If the pain is up in the groin area, it could be the SI joint in the pelvis/lumbar spine connection. Could be a nerve being touched or pinched or just sensitive, like the sciatica or other running through the lower back.
Last edited by: NealH: May 13, 19 14:15
Quote Reply
Re: Nutritional deficiency? Intense pain in legs when jumping and landing? [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang it I should edit my post and will do so after this response. The pain is 100 % muscle/quadriceps... no fad diets either... lots of sugar and caffeine, no alcohol (maybe that's the problem)!!??

Regards.
Quote Reply
Re: Nutritional deficiency? Intense muscle pain in legs when jumping and landing? [xntrickly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ole dage.
Quote Reply
Re: Nutritional deficiency? Intense muscle pain in legs when jumping and landing? [xntrickly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go see a real doctor.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Nutritional deficiency? Intense muscle pain in legs when jumping and landing? [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did see my PCP and there was a metabolic panel done with nothing revealed. Thanks.
Quote Reply