Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 adjustment for TACX Neo
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have an old TT Bike I use for my Tacx Neo, it has a 54/40, 11/28 setup.

I am a bike maintenance novice but somewhat handy

When I am in the big ring and I shift up to the 3rd smallest gear it jumps back to 4th. I can’t get it to go higher without noises and jumping

I took The bike off, put it on a stand with 11/28 rear wheel and adjusted everything so it worked great and shifted fine on the stand

When I put it back on the Tacx same problem. Also when I’m in small chainring and 28 tooth it seems to rub a little. It’s almost like the cassette needs a spacer to shift everything a bit to the right

When I try adjusting the DI2 on the trainer I can’t get it right. Sorry if this isn’t clear but any help appreciated
Last edited by: Animalmom2: May 12, 19 20:19
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 adjustment for TACX Neo [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:
Hi,

I have an old TT Bike I use for my Tacx Neo, it has a 54/40, 11/28 setup.

I am a bike maintenance novice but somewhat handy

When I am in the big ring and I shift up to the 3rd smallest gear it jumps back to 4th. I can’t get it to go higher without noises and jumping

I took The bike off, put it on a stand with 11/28 rear wheel and adjusted everything so it worked great and shifted fine on the stand

When I put it back on the Tacx same problem. Also when I’m in small chainring and 28 tooth it seems to rub a little. It’s almost like the cassette needs a spacer to shift everything a bit to the right

When I try adjusting the DI2 on the trainer I can’t get it right. Sorry if this isn’t clear but any help appreciated

You say “old TT bike.” Does this mean 10 speed or even 9? The Neo freehub is 11 speed so you need about 1.85mm worth of spacer behind the cassette. Certain 10 speed Shimano cassettes will also require an additional 0.5mm spacer.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 adjustment for TACX Neo [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a 2016 cannondale sliceand pretty sure 11 speed cassette but i will check.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:
A 2016 bike is an "old" bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 adjustment for TACX Neo [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it’s too small
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:
Well it’s too small
I don't understand how size effects age, but nevermind.
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 adjustment for TACX Neo [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is too small so I got a new TT bike so it’s older than my new one. Can u help me?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you moving the cassette from your wheel to the Neo or does each have its own? If they each have their own, you could try flipping them and seeing if the problem stays with the cassette or if it's reproducible with either cassette on the Neo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:

It is possible that you have 10sp 6770 di2, but from 2016, it is unlikely. Definitely worth a check...simply count the rear cogs on the trainer cassette and on your outside wheel. If both are 11, I'd pop the cassette off the trainer and make sure you have all the necessary spacers and that it is sufficiently tight on there. You may be able to tell if there is a spacer missing. Just look at the cogs from behind. Are they evenly spaced? A missing spacer would push 2 very closer together...1.5mm or so. It will be obvious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Animalmom2 wrote:
It is too small so I got a new TT bike so it’s older than my new one. Can u help me?

Each has its own. I’ll try this
Quote Reply