Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why is cycling clothing so expensive [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
And ever since Al Gore invented the Interwebs, there's never a reason to buy anything NOT on sale.

So true. Never pay full price for anything cycling or tri related.

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Why is cycling clothing so expensive [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Why is cycling clothing so expensive [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only sort-of-expensive stuff I'll buy is De Soto Sports. They are a partner here, and Emilio, frequent poster, is owner. He has reputation for excellent customer service -- the real old fashioned kind, almost like you had a tailor. High quality stuff.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Why is cycling clothing so expensive [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With some notable exceptions, I find that you get what you pay for with cycling stuff.

I've found that properly made cycling clothing lasts longer, fits better, doesn't chafe or flap etc. It's just better. It's hard to find properly made stuff that's also inexpensive. I tend to scour Competitive Cyclist, Jenson, Amazon, Cycling Emporium etc for sales. Sportful, Bioracer and Giordana make the stuff that fits me best. Santini is also really good and a bit cheaper. Some of the Aussie brands like Stolen Goat, Pedal Mafia, Pedla or MAAP are really good. Castelli fits me very well but I've found they use low quality zips and non-durable fabrics. Korean cycling stuff is awesome if you can get it, my mother in law send me stuff from Seoul that I really like. I will support some US-made brands like Ornot, great quality and not absurdly expensive.

Then there's the ridiculous end of the market. Assos? Kitsbow? Brandt Sorenson? $400 jerseys? $65 socks? Give me a break with that stuff.
Last edited by: hiro11: May 13, 19 15:17
Quote Reply

Prev Next