Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are high quality bibs making me fat?
Quote | Reply
Ever since I turned 43, I watched my abs gradually but certainly turn to flabs. This despite training a lot, running, biking 40km a day for work, eating pretty well. At first I blamed my office job or turning 43 or that bike crash that put me in bed for 5 weeks. Or that SEGWAY crash IN lisbon that put me in bed for 3 weeks.

But then last week my decent bibs were in the wash and I had an epiphany. I noticed that when I wore my cheap backup bibs, I had to conscioudly hold my gut up, and I could breathe deeper. Breathing out wasnt elastic assisted either...i had to use my abs to exhale. Suddenly my abs were activated and doing all the work. I was missing the elastic support! This made me think of Victorian times where some women lived corsets and had no stability when they took said corsets off. Thats when I thought... Damn...... Do good bibs make you fat? Is there a training benefit/performance enhancement to training in flimsy cheap bibs thay make your abs do the work?
Last edited by: lacticturkey: May 13, 19 10:42
Quote Reply
Re: Are high quality bibs making me fat? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely. It's the bibs. It's not the extra bag of pork rinds you had last Thursday, it's totally the bibshorts fault...

edit,

seriously though, welcome to middle age. It just gets harder to keep weight off and maintain muscle once you get past 40, which is a big reason I've resumed lifting.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: May 13, 19 10:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you mean these bibs, then yes...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Ever since I turned 43, I watched my abs gradually but certainly turn to flabs. This despite training a lot, running, biking 40km a day for work, eating pretty well. At first I blamed my office job or turning 43 or that bike crash that put me in bed for 5 weeks. Or that SEGWAY crash IN lisbon that put me in bed for 3 weeks.

But then last week my decent bibs were in the wash and I had an epiphany. I noticed that when I wore my cheap backup bibs, I had to conscioudly hold my gut up, and I could breathe deeper. Breathing out wasnt elastic assisted either...i had to use my abs to exhale. Suddenly my abs were activated and doing all the work. I was missing the elastic support! This made me think of Victorian times where some women lived corsets and had no stability when they took said corsets off. Thats when I thought... Damn...... Do good bibs make you fat? Is there a training benefit/performance enhancement to training in flimsy cheap bibs thay make your abs do the work?

Everything in moderation. Just don't eat too many of them and you'll strip those pounds right off again ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Are high quality bibs making me fat? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might be on to something there... Maybe my waist isnt growing but my shoulders shrinking.... Relativelt fatter by atrophy?!
Quote Reply