Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Trek Madone Owners Thread [urban_spaceman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I have a useless rear brake now. Can’t get it out. Gonna have to set it up and never adjust.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not but not ridden it a lot yet either

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, rounded brake adjusting bolts here. A real PITA.

I wish there was a replacement brake we could use instead of the Bontrager ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Trek Madone Owners Thread [rself] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the '18, but you can run 28s on the 2019. The BWR winner last weekend rode a Madone with 28s.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Trek Madone Owners Thread [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tires in my bike for every day use measuring 33mm (5000GP). My teammate is using his not only as a road bike, but also a gravel race bike. That bike has 35mm Gravel Kings for every day use / racing. These aren't just aero bikes...they are ALL ROAD bikes...haha. The limiter for tires is the darn deep section seat tube. If we could hog that out a hair we could probably do at least 38 actual....but....that's how Trek sells more bikes :)

We are running the disc model of course...

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I'm hoping some of the owners on here might be able to give me some advice.

I am the proud owner of a Madone, but am not using the integrated bar / stem as the bar's reach is just too long for me (why oh why don't they do size options beyond width and length?), so I've been using the conversion kit to run a regular Deda bar and stem in a spec I prefer.

However I'm growing increasingly upset with the housing being exposed and am looking at alternatives that will mean the cables are fully internally routed.

Does anyone know of any options?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a list of all the stem options for the madone? I've tried searching everywhere and the only thing I can find is a 90mm, 100mm, 110mm stems in the assembly manual. I'm pretty sure there are more than that but can't find it anywhere online.

Also for a project one bike, do you get to select what stem you want? Any other options the project one bike gives you?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding my new Madone for a couple of months now, and my question to the group is this. Where do you keep your spare tunes and tools? I thought that the frame was capable of holding the Bontrager BITS bag, but I see it's not an option.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Trek Madone Owners Thread [Pun1sher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 2020 Madone Project One has chipping paint on both sides of the front fork. See attached photo. The chipping is occurring right at the spot where the bottom edge of the head tube impacts the top edge of the fork when turned fully right or left. I raised this with the LBS that sold me the bike, and they say that some paint chipping will occur with ordinary wear and tear. But this looks like a design defect to me and not "ordinary". None of my other bikes have such chipping, including my gravel bike that I ride hard on rocky trails. Admittedly, this is a purely cosmetic issue that doesn't impact performance, but it's disappointing with such an expensive bike.

Have other Madone owners experienced this? Is it a valid warranty claim? What can I do about it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Trek Madone Owners Thread [Bberliner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont see the picture
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a plastic steering limit oiece under the stem. It is NOT always sufficient to limit the turn radius and therefore the forkncan contact the head tube at times and bum the paint :(

That plastic tab can also break. I have done that and then the limit is the contact of the fork and headtube. So in other words if you turn the bars and the paint chips make contact you need a new limit piece.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Official Trek Madone Owners Thread [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the picture. I had trouble getting it compressed sufficiently to upload. You can see the chipped paint on the fork and bottom of the head tube.

Thanks for the info re the plastic limit piece. Perhaps the LBS omitted it when building up the bike. I will investigate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d just like to say I hate everyone who owns a a madone. Because I’m jealous.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Trek Madone Owners Thread [monopolists] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have an opinion if it is a good time to buy a Trek Madone SL7?

Is there any update coming soon for the Madone and/or the Ultegra 8050 Di2?

Thanks all!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Trek Madone Owners Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently bought one. I had the same thought as you but I decided I wasn’t willing to wait. The madone had a slight update for 2021 with a new bb (t47) which was important to me. Some folks have said the madone is due for an lifecycle update as it will be 3 years old this summer but I’m not convinced it will get an overhaul this year. There is a new DA/Ultegra di2 coming but who knows when anyone will be able to get there hands on it. I’ve heard anywhere from June 2021 to sometime in 2022.

I got mine madone in less than 3 months from order (project one). I’ve heard some other models like the emonda are up to 6 months.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next