Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women’s gear question?
Quote | Reply
2 Questions.

1). What padded pants for cycling do y’all prefer? I’m having a hard time finding any local so I’m gonna have to order online and wanted some help figuring out a brand.

2) I have petite wrists and have been looking at sports watches. I really like the Suunto Spartan, but it’s huge. I like the size of the Apple Watch but not sure if I’d like it for Triathlon. Any opinions?
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s gear question? [Lindylou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: Cycling shorts: Shebeest I prefer bibs, so the Petunia bib is perfect. No drama going to the restroom either, the pad is perfect, and I love the fit and fabric. No gripper, but they use a textured fabric to keep shorts in place. Jerseys are great, too. PS use Chamois cream w your bike shorts. I prefer Chamois Butt'r (European, but the regular and 'Her are great also.) Put on you and the shorts for best results.
For racing, I haven't bought anything new in a few years because I prefer my old Zootsports shorts with a small fleece pad.
Hope this helps.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For cycling (not triathlons) I am a die-hard Assos fan. Yes, they are expensive, but they last and are amazing IMO. Another option if you prefer less padding is Lexi Miller- great quality! All available online.

Theia Friestedt
360 VELO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I absolutely LOVE my apple watch. It is fantastic for all my training, plus great-looking for every day.

I've had super good luck with Garneau chamois for bibs... their tri elite chamois is also excellent, I've ridden it for up to 100km with no issues. I'm about to try a new company, Machines for Freedom. Looking forward to seeing how that goes, for bibs.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s gear question? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lovelovelove my MachinesForFreedom bibs. Also my Eliel/Watties, especially the prototype I picked up that has a hook in front so it’s easy to get off in the restroom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have small wrists and my Garmin forerunner 735 is perfect size-wise. It doesn’t work with my power meter though so I don’t recommend it if you’re serious about data training.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s gear question? [Dionysia31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why doesn't your 735xt work with your power meter?

http://www.extramilenutrition.com
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s gear question? [greenjp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It drops the signal when it finds it. I don’t know the technicalities but a lot of people were having problems with it and my bike mechanic called Garmin and called the power meter company and each one blames the other one for why they won’t connect. It’s a known problem with that watch only. My power meter is a crank power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s gear question? [Dionysia31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dionysia31 wrote:
It drops the signal when it finds it. I don’t know the technicalities but a lot of people were having problems with it and my bike mechanic called Garmin and called the power meter company and each one blames the other one for why they won’t connect. It’s a known problem with that watch only. My power meter is a crank power meter.

Thanks for the explanation - that’s a bummer. I must have lucked out with mine. Have had my share of other products fail though, so I totally get the frustration.

http://www.extramilenutrition.com
Quote Reply