Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

4iiii acquires STAC
Quote | Reply
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/...line-indoor-trainers

https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/gear-reviews/canadian-cycling-tech-companies-4iiii-and-stac-come-together/

Can't imagine too much will change there but I would imagine it would only help both companies considering their relatively low market share in each of their markets.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: May 7, 19 7:18
Quote Reply
Re: 4iiii acquires STAC [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think STAC have really interesting products. I haven’t used their trainers but they seem pretty ingenious. I’ve used their virtual wind tunnel and the scan was pretty quick and convenient. I can’t verify the results vs a wind tunnel but the results made a lot of sense. I’ll probably get a scan every year or two from now on due to its relatively low cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we call it staaaac now?
Quote Reply
Re: 4iiii acquires STAC [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:

:-) ftw

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 4iiii acquires STAC [Torrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STAC will not be of any interest (to me) until the results can be verified consistently. The static positions people assume while using that are VISIBLY different to their actual riding positions which makes me highly question any sort of validity the virtual tunnel may achieve.
Quote Reply
Re: 4iiii acquires STAC [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
STAC will not be of any interest (to me) until the results can be verified consistently. The static positions people assume while using that are VISIBLY different to their actual riding positions which makes me highly question any sort of validity the virtual tunnel may achieve.

You could make the same argument as the tunnel. Heck I am not even sure ERO track testing is valid, at least it might not be for me as my upper body tightens up so much post ballistic hard swim.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: 4iiii acquires STAC [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, but it sure is a lot closer than "hey sit still on your bike in your riding position for a little while so I can scan you"

Likelihood of assuming a realistic riding position: low
Quote Reply
Re: 4iiii acquires STAC [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:

I'm voting for STiiiic.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was good news and nice to see.

Two Canadian sports technology companies who have great products but for the most part of been a bit off the radar screen in the bike and triathlon market.

Ironically, I was out for dinner last week, with a key person in the bike/tri business, and ironically, a big part of the dinner time discussion was cycling technology, 4iiii, and where they were going - neither of us were privy to this news until today. The 4iiii strain gauge is, I'm told, the best in the business!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got an e-mail from STAC saying their halycon smart trainer is 50% off... $375.

I have been pretty happy with my STAC zero trainer, might be something to look into if a truly silent trainer is up your alley.
Quote Reply
Re: 4iiii acquires STAC [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

You could make the same argument as the tunnel. Heck I am not even sure ERO track testing is valid, at least it might not be for me as my upper body tightens up so much post ballistic hard swim.

You could, but it wouldn't have much validity. There's quite a bit of information/research out there confirming the validity of wind tunnel results to real world applications. The track aero system is essentially field testing in a controlled environment. FWIW, my tunnel, track and virtual elevation field testing have all basically agreed with each other within about .003 CdA.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply