Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Madonna at 60
Quote | Reply

"“Being a single parent of six children, I continue to be creative and be an artist and be politically active, to have a voice, to do all the things that I do. So, I mean, there isn’t anybody in my position.”

Isn't she special?

https://home.bt.com/...ng-60-11364359726202

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ageism?

Weren’t The Rolling Stones just touring?

And Fleetwood Mac?

The Who?

Springsteen?

Robert Plant.....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She hasn't put out a song with a compelling hook since the 90's. (And all she had were good hooks).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One need look no further than that article to get what a narcissist is all about. It's hard to fathom that somebody could think that they are that fucking special.

Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Ageism?

And Fleetwood Mac?

The Who?

Springsteen?

Robert Plant.....

And Cher too, she's still performing. She must have missed the memo about ageism.

This is just Madonna trying to be controversial. She's always seemed to live by the "there is no such thing as bad publicity" thing, and it's worked out pretty well for her. It got someone on ST to start a thread about her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She looks real weird these days.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When your image is about sex, youth & shock value it shouldn't be a surprise to you Madge that at 60 people aren't buying your schtick anymore. May I suggest writing children's books?
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
When your image is about sex, youth & shock value it shouldn't be a surprise to you Madge that at 60 people aren't buying your schtick anymore. May I suggest writing children's books?
Exactly, very few people think of 60 year old's as sex symbols and even fewer people want to see them parading around on stage in lingerie. Plus, if she's so concerned about ageism why did she have some young guy who's less than half her age join her on stage at the VMA's?
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:

that's another thing. She was famous once for reinvention (of her looks at least). But it's been the same old same old with her for the past twenty years. And she gripes like it's the world's fault.
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Ageism?

And Fleetwood Mac?

It doesn't count if Lindsey Buckingham isn't with them. I love Stevie Nicks, but WTF, you can't go and fire one of the greatest guitar player in history

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Ageism?

And Fleetwood Mac?

The Who?

Springsteen?

Robert Plant.....

Babs is 77, and is playing Hyde Park this summer.

I'll concede that Madonna has a gripe: her act doesn't go so well for a 60 year old. If she could sing like Barbara, then she would still be raking in the money when she performs and wouldn't be complaining.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Ageism?

And Fleetwood Mac?

The Who?

Springsteen?

Robert Plant.....

And Cher too, she's still performing. She must have missed the memo about ageism.

We're gong to see Blondie in Red Bank in June

Debbie Harry still fucking rocks - as does her BFF Joan Marie Larkin

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Ageism?

And Fleetwood Mac?

The Who?

Springsteen?

Robert Plant.....

I vote for ageism, at least for some of those.

Springsteen is still solid. Plant had to go bluegrass to stay "relevant." The rest should retire.
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Ageism?

And Fleetwood Mac?

The Who?

Springsteen?

Robert Plant.....

Springsteen is still solid. Plant had to go bluegrass to stay "relevant." The rest should retire.

I didn’t say they were still any good but they’re still selling out shows (well, jagger is out of commission)...

Madonna was never good, she was just a whore. Nobody likes 60 year old whores...

...shit, I guess she has a point then...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw Joan Jett open for the Who a couple years ago. She killed it. It really felt like she wanted the audience to get their money's worth.
No gimmicky BS, just her rocking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This lady is old enough to be Madonna's mother and I recently paid big bucks to see her rock...just sayin'

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
This lady is old enough to be Madonna's mother and I recently paid big bucks to see her rock...just sayin'

Is TT still performing? I wondered how she was travelling these days.
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
I saw Joan Jett open for the Who a couple years ago. She killed it. It really felt like she wanted the audience to get their money's worth.

Pat Benetar was just on TV and she can still rock.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Is TT still performing? I wondered how she was travelling these days.

From my reading of the internets, her last tour was 2009. Maybe she has done smaller shows since then.

________
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Ummm, no, actually she never could.

I have a Pat Benatar album my brother gave me around 1982. It's been played once; certainly no more. You want it? :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Ageism?

And Fleetwood Mac?

The Who?

Springsteen?

Robert Plant.....

Plant did a single album with Alison Krauss in 2007. His subsequent releases and tours have been vastly different. Pinning his relevance to one album is a misguided.

I've seen him twice with the his Sensational Shapeshifters band. The first time was about 5 years ago and the repertoire and arrangements were impressive.

Never lost it and still got it.
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Ummm, no, actually she never could.

I have a Pat Benatar album my brother gave me around 1982. It's been played once; certainly no more. You want it? :-)

Better than some of the crap that's out now!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Madonna at 60 [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
satanellus wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Ageism?

And Fleetwood Mac?

The Who?

Springsteen?

Robert Plant.....

Plant did a single album with Alison Krauss in 2007. His subsequent releases and tours have been vastly different. Pinning his relevance to one album is a misguided.

I've seen him twice with the his Sensational Shapeshifters band. The first time was about 5 years ago and the repertoire and arrangements were impressive.

Never lost it and still got it.

Yeah, saying Plant went bluegrass to stay relevant pretty much ignores his entire lifespan as an artist. At what point in his career was he not drawing from delta blues and all its offshoots?

I saw him play with Krauss in Asheville, NC some ten years ago. They were phenomenal. Seeing T Bone Burnett playing in the band was a special treat.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply

Prev Next