Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Austin Peeps: Masters?
Quote | Reply
specifically, do any of you swim at AASA masters? brandon? are you all longhorns?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Austin Peeps: Masters? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the guys I know from triathlon who also participate in a masters program do so at the Longhorn program at UT. Slowtwitcher mungub is one of them. I hear very good things about the program.

I haven't met anyone who swims at AASA yet, however they have a beautiful facility. I can list out a bunch of the local programs, but since I am a lone wolf in training I can't give you direct feedback about any of them.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to and still know a lot of people who do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live north of Austin so it is a haul for me. My brother regularly practices there now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AASA Masters is primarily the AASA triathlon club. Many people are over at Longhorn. And then outside, there is NITRO and even WHAC in Rollingwood. I believe Brandon is still coaching at Rollingwood, if you are referring to Marsh.
Quote Reply
Re: Austin Peeps: Masters? [Optimal_Adrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I swam Longhorn when I was doing my grad work, and Whitney is absolutely fantastic. Ben is still swimming over there, but like many triathletes (outside of the huge AASA group), many are swimming mostly independently at the Y, Lifetime, etc.

I used to work at AASA, and pool is world class there. Brilliant facility.

Optimal_Adrian wrote:
Most of the guys I know from triathlon who also participate in a masters program do so at the Longhorn program at UT. Slowtwitcher mungub is one of them. I hear very good things about the program.

I haven't met anyone who swims at AASA yet, however they have a beautiful facility. I can list out a bunch of the local programs, but since I am a lone wolf in training I can't give you direct feedback about any of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Austin Peeps: Masters? [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we're helping canyon bicycles product a road show at AASA on june 1. it's a saturday. i'm thinking about getting up a group for a saturday morning swim before the road show commences. there's already a masters group there at 6:30am. we could possibly jump into that. or, depending on the pool schedule, see if we can get up our own at 8:00 or 8:30. it would some of us who're coming into town for the road show, ianpeace and stconcierge, on this forum, and me, and some others. and then some locals who'll make us repent of the whole idea somewhere in the middle of a nasty set. i don't know what we'll even be able to do. but i'm planning it now anyway.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply