Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xterra Vortex > Vector Pro (your insights wanted!)
Quote | Reply
I’ve had a Vortex fullsuit for five years, and I’ve loved it (raced in it 15 times), but I’m looking to upgrade. I want something better/has a noticeable difference or improvements, that’s still going to last a while and be fairly durable (not too fragile), and be under $500 CAD.

I’m looking at potentially staying with xterra and getting the Vector Pro, but I really struggle to see any discernible difference from what I have now. The Vengeance looks quite different but I just can’t face wearing that silver thing. Also, the short legs seem unappealing.

Anyone done this upgrade and can speak to the Vector Pro, or have an alternative recommendation? Obviously looking at the Roka Maverick comp 2, but have durability concerns.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vortex > Vector Pro (your insights wanted!) [danovano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to add in terms of the switch, but I just got an email from them that the Vector Pro is $199 USD in case that influences your decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vortex > Vector Pro (your insights wanted!) [danovano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you've already seen this, but here's the answer to the question on Xterra's website of: "what's the difference between the Vector Pro and the Vortex?"

a: "The Vector Pro is slightly more buoyant and more flexible than the Vortex. The Vortex is more durable than the Vector Pro. Both are fantastic wetsuits."

That sealed it for me. I ordered a Vortex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both wetsuits Vortex Medium and a Pro Medium/large. The only difference I noticed is the Pro seems to be a little softer rubber.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vortex > Vector Pro (your insights wanted!) [wildcats1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I have a five year old Vortex and a new Maverick Elite. The Vortex takes on a lot more water and impedes my shoulders a great deal more. I haven't found the Elite to be more fragile, though I am careful with it, as the arms are a good deal thinner.

thane
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vortex > Vector Pro (your insights wanted!) [thane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thane wrote:
FWIW, I have a five year old Vortex and a new Maverick Elite. The Vortex takes on a lot more water and impedes my shoulders a great deal more. I haven't found the Elite to be more fragile, though I am careful with it, as the arms are a good deal thinner.

thane

Do you think it takes on water because of your personal fit? Like you should've gone a size down?
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vortex > Vector Pro (your insights wanted!) [wildcats1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wildcats1 wrote:
I have both wetsuits Vortex Medium and a Pro Medium/large. The only difference I noticed is the Pro seems to be a little softer rubber.

So do you find it easier swimming in the Vector? Is it stiffer/are you supported through the core, or is it flexible there too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danovano wrote:
thane wrote:

thane

Do you think it takes on water because of your personal fit? Like you should've gone a size down?

TBH, I'm not really sure. I'm 5'9" and 155lbs. The medium seems to fit as well as it might. Can't imagine that a small would fit, but I never tried one on either. I suspect that it's down to the tailoring of the suit and the particular rubber, but without back to back trials, I can't say for sure.

thane
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vortex > Vector Pro (your insights wanted!) [thane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Vortex does feel a little tighter, but that also includes the shoulders. So I wear the Pro for longer swims.
Quote Reply