Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
According to DC Rainmaker it's got all of the features of the fenix 5x+ (plus more), for the $600 price point. It's just plastic (which I actually prefer). I'm getting one.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...in-depth-review.html

Edit: just noticed they knocked the price down $150 across the board on the fenix versions. Can get the fenix 5+ for $499 now. Think I may do that instead.

So $100 more for plastic and a few grams lighter?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine yesterday "upgrade" from a 935 - Initial impressions are that it's a 935+. The maps feature - ability to use heat maps when you're away from your known routes looks like it may be useful. Not really dug into the training features yet - there are a lot of them though.

Case wise it's basically identical - i changed the black strap and if I hadn't told my girlfriend she would never know i'd spent the money.....menus scroll across the screen more nicely than the 935 (not sure that justifies the cost)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually it's 1 gram heavier, more depending on how many songs are on it :)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Be interested to see the level of detail in the maps for navigating when out in the wilds (UK's Lake District is what I'm looking for)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [p9ul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can essentially look at OSM and get about 99% of the way there. It's what Garmin uses for the maps on the FR945, before they apply a bit of special sauce in terms of routing data under it tied to their heat maps.

Here ya go: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=8/52.154/5.295

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [esuuv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
esuuv wrote:
I got mine yesterday "upgrade" from a 935
Super cool. Where did you purchase yours that you got it in hand already. I didn't think anyone had inventory yet-- I am eagerly awaiting my Clever Training per-order.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From Wiggle - i’m in the UK - they are usually first to get Garmin devices here.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers for that - had a look at the OSM maps for my area and I was half expecting something along the lines of Ordnance Survey (it's a UK thing!) if you know those, with some sort of contour data - but it's no biggie - as long as there's trails then that's good for me. (although the area I checked out was a local 70.3 I did last year and some of the footpaths used weren't marked.

I'm definitely interested in a 945 - just not sure it's worth the premium over the 935 at the moment. (In the UK, there's roughly £200 between them at the moment)
Quote Reply

Prev Next