Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Target and Cheap-o running shorts for the 100th time
Quote | Reply
I use to buy the Target running shorts, about 7" with a mesh liner. They no longer have them. So I'm on a search for less than $25 running shorts. I see a few on Amazon that might fit the bill.
Quote Reply
Re: Target and Cheap-o running shorts for the 100th time [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried some from Amazon, but all seem to be cut weird or chafe. I have been running in BOA for a while, although they aren't under $25. They can usually be found on sale for around $30. I don't notice them much when I run, even 20 + milers... which is what I need.
Quote Reply
Re: Target and Cheap-o running shorts for the 100th time [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get my cheapos at Academy. They work great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 7" C9 shorts are still available to buy from Target on-line. $15.
Quote Reply
Re: Target and Cheap-o running shorts for the 100th time [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trislayer wrote:
The 7" C9 shorts are still available to buy from Target on-line. $15.

I only see 7" block ones which are two colors or reflective ones - no 7" solids.
Quote Reply
Re: Target and Cheap-o running shorts for the 100th time [Bigbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bigbird wrote:
I have tried some from Amazon, but all seem to be cut weird or chafe. I have been running in BOA for a while, although they aren't under $25. They can usually be found on sale for around $30. I don't notice them much when I run, even 20 + milers... which is what I need.

I bought a pair of shorts from Amazon for $15. They fit like adult diapers. Now my gf wears them around the house. Should have spent 15$ more for some quality shorts. Not worth skimping on.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I decided to try a pair of these in house brand shorts from running warehouse, and don't have any complaints after weekly use for the last 4 months. Really like the pockets in the back too!

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/...escpage-CMORO3T.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have found that Old Navy has decent running shorts. I think everything is always somewhat on sale there too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find good shorts at TJ Maxx and Marshall’s. I have two pair of Hind running shorts that I picked up there for 12-15 bucks. They’re my favorite out of all my Nike and Under Armour shorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Target and Cheap-o running shorts for the 100th time [amazingtoddo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amazingtoddo wrote:
I have found that Old Navy has decent running shorts. I think everything is always somewhat on sale there too!

+1 I think I got mine on sale for like $6 or something
Quote Reply
Re: Target and Cheap-o running shorts for the 100th time [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to do the C9’s from Target. I found while nice that even the 5” shorts were long and sloppy, especially in hot, humid runs. I converted to the Brooks go to 2 2” short. They’re beautifully fitting shorts and the extra cost is well worth it. The only bad part is they have no pocket.

cloy wrote:
Bigbird wrote:

I bought a pair of shorts from Amazon for $15. They fit like adult diapers. Now my gf wears them around the house. Should have spent 15$ more for some quality shorts. Not worth skimping on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why spend $25 on $25 shorts? Why not look for sales to get nice shorts for $25? I don't understand paying full price for something of questionable quality. Most stores have clearance racks. Or you can go to a website like Dicks Sporting Goods and click on "sort by: savings". $35 shorts for $17 and $50 shorts for $27. All of my Nike and Asics shorts have fit/felt better than discount store branded ones
Quote Reply
Re: Target and Cheap-o running shorts for the 100th time [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Target and Cheap-o running shorts for the 100th time [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Why spend $25 on $25 shorts? Why not look for sales to get nice shorts for $25? I don't understand paying full price for something of questionable quality. Most stores have clearance racks. Or you can go to a website like Dicks Sporting Goods and click on "sort by: savings". $35 shorts for $17 and $50 shorts for $27. All of my Nike and Asics shorts have fit/felt better than discount store branded ones

Why would I go to Dicks Sporting Goods when I can't buy running shorts and a gun at the same time?

I'll try Old Navy, there stuff is cheap and my wife works for Athleta, so I get a discount. Heck those $6 shorts will be like $3! They start stinking out they go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When aisics outlet has a sale their split shorts can go as low as $10.

I check and if they are on sale I buy a pair or two...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you live near an outlet mall? The Nike and Under Armour outlets sometimes have good deals on shorts.

I get most of my shorts slightly used on ebay for great prices too.
Quote Reply