Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 29 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Apr 29, 19 11:36
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 29 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week:
do things that make me run faster (like today - no run!)
and swim faster (like today! did a threshold set!)
use the healthy coping skills

Overall did a good job! healthy coping skills except for Friday.
I did things that will make me faster, like only running 5 days and not running on a tiny little sore spot yesterday (breaking news - managed to apply ample intelligence to my training, for once); actually riding my bike; doing one threshold set and one fast 100 set in the pool; doing one short run instead of my standard run-for-an-hour-ish; did my long run outside; and lifted.

M: 5k walk + 2325 yd swim
T: 7 mi run + 1275 yd swim
W: 14.5 mi run
T: 7.2 mi run + 1025 yd swim
F: 4 mi run + 1625 yd swim
S: 11 mi run + 875 yd swim
S: 36 mi bike

goals this week: keep doing stuff that makes me faster; use healthy coping skills

I think I'd mentioned on here that I was possibly doing a spring marathon. I switched to the 15k (yet again acting like an intelligent person) and I feel good about the decision.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Apr 29, 19 11:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik, good work with both your healthy coping and your smart decisions. Neither one is easy and you're doing great.

My weird little funk cleared and I'm feeling mostly normal so I did the 4 bikes, 4 runs, and 3 swims I had scheduled -- as a bonus, I got to ride and run in the mountains over the weekend <3

I'm racing on Saturday so it's a pretty light week for me and little road trip. Including the race it'll be 4 swims, 3 bikes, 4 runs, and lots of stretching and rolling after 900 miles of driving (these hips don't lie!).

What's the good word Dr. C? Hope you had a great day.

Happy training y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI all,

TC-so glad you're foregrounding your health and better coping! Good luck with the 15k

SoCal--I'm happy to hear you're finding a groove.

I hit all my goals last week except one strength session, which felt like too much and I'm not sad I passed on it. This week is lighter because I have a 5k on Sunday. Running's not my thing, so I'm hoping a strong-ish finish there will help me feel more set for the longer distances I hope to do later this summer.

M: rest (nailing it, Game of Thrones style!)
Tu: Run and bike
W: easy run if I feel ok, swim if not. Strength.
Th: Run and bike if I feel ok
F: rest
Sa: easy run if I feel ok
Su: race!

Cupcake, thinking of you lots.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 29 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GiantNewb- hope the 5k goes well!
Dr TC and SoCal - good work both of you. Hope that long drive goes well!

My week turned out lighter than scheduled:
M: FTP test (done, no change) + Vo2max run
T: swim + strength
W: swim + bike/run brick
Th: bike (maybe outdoors) + long run
F: swim + bike
S: short run taken out by allergies/48 hr virus
S: rest, kind of. Nope. Digging fire breaks, hauling hose, burning wildland, and moving burnt and toppled trees around. A ton of fun, but nothing resembling rest.

I managed to hit most of the key workouts, skipping one easier run and one endurance bike ride. Highlight of the week was possibly suturing a pig foot on Thursday. Or maybe it was watching the smoke clearing yesterday and finding our fire break had held. Today I'm still pretty tired so decided to shuffle my swims around.

This week:
M: VO2max bike
T: strength + VO2max run
W: swim + bike
Th: bike + run
F: Swim + bike/run brick
S: swim + run
S: rest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had replies to everyone and my computer ate them for some reason, so just assume I am rooting for you all to have a successful week! lol

Last week was pretty good for me with three trainer rides, in-person PT and two PT homework sessions, weights, and yoga. I'm still not cleared to run and I still have this mental block with getting in the pool, so trainer rides it is. It might be nice enough to ride outside this weekend but the weather is so iffy this time of year I can't make plans until, like, Saturday morning.

I'm hoping for a much calmer week this week of one physical activity each day after work and cooking healthy(ish) dinners every evening. I caved and got barbecue once last week but I suppose it could have been worse. I'm off to a good start this week so far. Hope you ladies are all doing great!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 29 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starting to ramp up the IM OH/ Chatt training

Saturday: Half marathon KDF.
Sunday: Bike
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Swim 1500 + run 4 miles
Wednesday Swim 2000
Thursday: Kids schedules permitting...Bike
Friday rest
Saturday Half Marathon Indy Mini!! super pumped!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week-swam 3x, biked 2x (one trainer ride 30 minutes in I started coughing, so stopped), no running.

This week’s goals- swim- 3x, bike 2-3x, run 1-2x. Racing on Sunday-sprint Aquabike

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply