Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kona slots at Ironman Texas?
Quote | Reply
Anyone get a pic of how the allocation numbers went (will go tomorrow)?

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They didn’t post the allocations. M55-59 4 spots, no roll down. M50-54 8 spots rolled down to 27th! A 12:13 time took it.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [gilabruce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard m45-49 12 slots no role downs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M40 had 9 slots. At least one roll down.

—
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was m60-64 one slot?

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
gilabruce wrote:
They didn’t post the allocations. M55-59 4 spots, no roll down. M50-54 8 spots rolled down to 27th! A 12:13 time took it.

WOW

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6ALo4R71bqMCgnzg9

Maybe someone on a desktop can upload that image. Its the allocation list
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gilabruce wrote:

WOW!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Last edited by: TriSpencer: Apr 28, 19 20:04
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Quote:
gilabruce wrote:

WOW

M50-54 and M35-39 both originally had 7 slots; there were no finishers in M75-79, so by virtue of one more person in the AG, that slot got reallocated to M50-54. My husband was 8th in M35-39. We were listening to that M50-54 slot roll endlessly and breaking inside a little bit. Thankfully, there ended up being one rolldown within M35-39, so happy ending to that little story over here!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSpencer wrote:
gilabruce wrote:

WOW!

Imagine being, say, 15th and having given your all for KQ for 7 months you decided not to hang around after assuming the worst.....
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone know if 18-24 or 25-29 rolled at all? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [xcchampion11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xcchampion11 wrote:

No neither did
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [scmbtrek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scmbtrek wrote:
xcchampion11 wrote:

No neither did

What about 30-34?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [JanneK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M40-44 most probably had 2 roll down.
My friend was 11th and got the spot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gilabruce wrote:

There's gonna be around 15 facepalms when people see/hear this news. Crazy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone recall where slots ended up for M 60-64?

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRO Saracen wrote:
TriSpencer wrote:
gilabruce wrote:

WOW!

Imagine being, say, 15th and having given your all for KQ for 7 months you decided not to hang around after assuming the worst.....

I can't and I won't because I always attend roll-down no matter where I finished. Damned be the fool who gives up because 99% of the time one would be justified for not attending but then loses out that 1% of the time it wouldn't. Of course, depending on how badly one actually wants it...

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [JanneK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JanneK wrote:
M40 had 9 slots. At least one roll down.

I did not take mine, one person had already KQ and I talked to a guy at the finish that said he was not taking his, think he was in 6th or 7th. So m40-44 should have rolled 3 deep to 12th, unless those guys did not take them either.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on the women's side? F45-49 and F50-54? Any rolldown? Seems like the top several already had Kona slots....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imagine being, say, 15th and having given your all for KQ for 7 months you decided not to hang around after assuming the worst..... //

Yes, but the disappointment of that guy who got 15th, would be cancelled out and then some, by the guy that got 27th and got the slot. His joy and excitement would be exponentially larger than the others grief...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Imagine being, say, 15th and having given your all for KQ for 7 months you decided not to hang around after assuming the worst..... //

Yes, but the disappointment of that guy who got 15th, would be cancelled out and then some, by the guy that got 27th and got the slot. His joy and excitement would be exponentially larger than the others grief...

Good point, hope somebody got video of that and can post it! I cried when I needed a single roll down and got it, can't imagine this guys reaction!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [Danigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Winner of F50-54 did not take it and it rolled one spot to 4th.

Danigirl wrote:
Any word on the women's side? F45-49 and F50-54? Any rolldown? Seems like the top several already had Kona slots....
Quote Reply
Re: Kona slots at Ironman Texas? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Good point and part of the magic. I saw 3 slots at IM UK in M45-49 roll to 13th. The guy who got it walked up on stage, shook Paul Kaye’s hand and exited backstage to sign up. This should have taken about a minute, but took at least 5 as he was crying his eyes out throughout.

You could even make him out in the queue backstage, he was the guy whose shoulders were moving up and down as he was still bawling. Fantastic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
these are the best. I love going to the roll down just for that reason.

TRO Saracen wrote:
monty wrote:

Good point and part of the magic. I saw 3 slots at IM UK in M45-49 roll to 13th. The guy who got it walked up on stage, shook Paul Kaye’s hand and exited backstage to sign up. This should have taken about a minute, but took at least 5 as he was crying his eyes out throughout.

You could even make him out in the queue backstage, he was the guy whose shoulders were moving up and down as he was still bawling. Fantastic.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next