Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric,

I'm about to pull the trigger on the P3X. I just want to confirm something.
When I "play" with Cervelo's fitting tool, some coordinates are out of the fit range on the graphic side of the tool. But on the slider side of the tool, it's still showing it'll fit. Which one is valid - the slider or the graphic?
I'm trying to figure out if I have any room to play with my reach on the L size.

Thanks,
Boki

P.S. I flipped X/Y - remember...
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [boki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post your pad x and y again?

boki wrote:
Hey Eric,

I'm about to pull the trigger on the P3X. I just want to confirm something.
When I "play" with Cervelo's fitting tool, some coordinates are out of the fit range on the graphic side of the tool. But on the slider side of the tool, it's still showing it'll fit. Which one is valid - the slider or the graphic?
I'm trying to figure out if I have any room to play with my reach on the L size.

Thanks,
Boki

P.S. I flipped X/Y - remember...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Pad Y: 515mm (end) - I might need a little bit more.
Pad X: 607mm (top) - on my higher end of stack. I ride lower from time to time.
Pad Z: 250mm (out)

Thanks,
Boki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I slide the reach up to 525mm it places it out of the range on the graphic side but the slider is still showing I'll fort on L size.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [boki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it won’t fit. The slider is bigger than it needs to be. At 607 stack your max reach to back of pad is 517

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,

Thank you very much.

Boki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

Here are my stats. Looking possibly for a P5D

These numbers come from a standard P5.

I’m thinking tilting the aero bars may help with comfort.

Saddle height over BB 797mm
Saddle setback 8mm
Drop from saddle to bars 181mm
Reach from saddle to bars 799mm

SX=133mm
SY=736mm
HY=555mm
HX=520mm

Extension length 250mm
Pad reach 500mm
Pad stack 605mm
Pad height 50mm
Pad offset 20 mm

Hope these help

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi Phil,

OK with a Pad Stack of 605mm from the BB to top of pads and a Pad Reach of 500 from BB to back of pads, you're long and low on a size 56cm P5d. If you're measuring to mid-pad, you're more into a 54cm P5d.

Regardless, you can tilt your pads using the EX10 mono-riser from the P3x, unless you wanted to do an aftermarket pad tilt and use the 50 degree P5d extensions.

Can you confirm your Pad Reach?

Eric

Phil Hodson wrote:
Hi Eric

Here are my stats. Looking possibly for a P5D

These numbers come from a standard P5.

I’m thinking tilting the aero bars may help with comfort.

Saddle height over BB 797mm
Saddle setback 8mm
Drop from saddle to bars 181mm
Reach from saddle to bars 799mm

SX=133mm
SY=736mm
HY=555mm
HX=520mm

Extension length 250mm
Pad reach 500mm
Pad stack 605mm
Pad height 50mm
Pad offset 20 mm

Hope these help

Phil

Last edited by: ericMPro: Apr 27, 19 12:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric

I’m
Currently long and low on a P5 in a 56 so that sounds about right. If I wanted to extend my reach a little would that be possible?

I’m not 100% sure where the 500 is measured too. It was a Guru fit if that helps. I just went over the paper work again and it just says pad reach 500mm

The PX3 bar sounds appealing to me.

Thanks for your help

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah it's sort of critical that you measure yourself to confirm... I'm leaning back of pad as you say you are long and low already on your P5-6 but we should double check.

On a P5d that would be about it for reach but if you add the EX10 mono-riser, you can get out to 520mm of reach.

Eric

Phil Hodson wrote:
Thanks Eric

I’m
Currently long and low on a P5 in a 56 so that sounds about right. If I wanted to extend my reach a little would that be possible?

I’m not 100% sure where the 500 is measured too. It was a Guru fit if that helps. I just went over the paper work again and it just says pad reach 500mm

The PX3 bar sounds appealing to me.

Thanks for your help

Phil

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will measure and get back to you. Away for a week or so but will check when I’m home.

Cheers

Phil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Job great thanks. Just want to get it right

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric, I’m looking at a P3x. Can’t decide between a large or xl. Stack is 648 reach is 510. Width is 210. Any help would be appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [jwrdds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, with a Pad Stack of 648 and a Pad Reach to rear of pad of 510 you are outside the range of a size L P3x and would need a size XL.

Eric

jwrdds wrote:
Eric, I’m looking at a P3x. Can’t decide between a large or xl. Stack is 648 reach is 510. Width is 210. Any help would be appreciated

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric,

Pad X: 618 (top of pad)
Pad Y: 461 (rear pad)
Pad Z: 185 middle to middle
Saddle height: 708

Pads angled 13 up, on an P3 in 51. Happy with my current fit.
I would like to get a P5D:
According to my own calculations using the Cervelo fitting tool, I'm probably ideally on a 54 P5D??

Thanks
Rainer
Last edited by: baluh: May 15, 19 11:26
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [baluh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi Rainer,

you're right, with a Pad X of 618 and a Pad Y of 461, you're a 54cm P5d.

To get tilt you'll need the EX10 mono-riser from the P3x or you'll have to use the 50 degree extensions and an aftermarket tilt solution.

You could even make the argument for the more reach of a 56 if you thought your fit was going to evolve that way, as the 54 only has 15mm more reach to give you at 461. I'd have to see a picture of your fit though to make that analysis.

I would certainly not put you on a 51, nor would I have put you on the old P3 in 51.

Eric

baluh wrote:
Hey Eric,

Pad X: 618 (top of pad)
Pad Y: 461 (rear pad)
Pad Z: 185 middle to middle
Saddle height: 708

Pads angled 13 up, on an P3 in 51. Happy with my current fit.
I would like to get a P5D:
According to my own calculations using the Cervelo fitting tool, I'm probably ideally on a 54 P5D??

Thanks
Rainer

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any update on your pad coordinates?

Phil Hodson wrote:
Will measure and get back to you. Away for a week or so but will check when I’m home.

Cheers

Phil

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

It was to the back of the pads.

Cheers

Phil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric I attached the photo. I’ll have to look to see if I have the fit numbers on it. It’s at the shop the seat stay is cracked so I’m going to get a new p5 disc most likely unless they somehow still have any regular ones to warranty.

The picture is on a 54 with the pads slammed. I don’t like the reach but it’s the only way to get me low enough. Bottom one is the old p4 I’d prefer something closer to that.

Last edited by: Grant.Reuter: May 28, 19 6:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not seeing a photo....

Grant.Reuter wrote:
Eric I attached the photo. I’ll have to look to see if I have the fit numbers on it. It’s at the shop the seat stay is cracked so I’m going to get a new p5 disc most likely unless they somehow still have any regular ones to warranty.

The picture is on a 54 with the pads slammed. I don’t like the reach but it’s the only way to get me low enough.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fixed. Apparently can’t upload from my iphone.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can probably guess stack and reach of your 54cm P5 given the configuration but get me the numbers just in case. I think you should choose your new P5d based on that fit, not the P4 fit. The first one is likely faster and with the right pad tilt and extensions more comfortable and powerful.

Grant.Reuter wrote:
Fixed. Apparently can’t upload from my iphone.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,

Thanks for the comments and help on my earlier 'wtf' thread about my current bike.. now in a happy enough place I'm back to considering the replacement.

Currently coordinates: Pad stack 665mm, Pad reach 470 (bop) with a 9cm long pad, 240mm centre-centre on the pads. 740 saddle height, sitero (snubnose) with the nose 25mm behind bb. 165 cranks (as you said, they seem to be an improvement)
The element I'm least confident on and need wriggle room for is pad stack. I'll try to bring the stack back down a bit; my original fit was 649 with the pads 20cm apart. I do like the fairly wide pad stance (have very broad shoulders). I may go a little longer still, and could probably / perhaps profitably come forward a bit more on the saddle.

In terms of bike, Ideal would be a P5D / older P5(six). Suspect a P3x is a better fit, but.. not feeling the love. I'd probably go off brand, or maybe build a tricked out bike around a P2 frame over that option.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Cervelo TT and Triathlon Bikes [upsidedownmark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not seeing how a P3x would be a better or worse fit than a P5d. You're a 56 or a 58 in P5d and you're a L or XL in the P3x. Even if you bring pad stack down to 649, or even 640, the sizing recommendations don't change.

I think it's more about what you want to do with the bike, if long course is your thing, and also if you think your fit is going to progress or evolve into something longer and lower than it is now. Wide or narrow on the pads is a personal preference to me, and sometimes I see people being more aero with wide than with narrow. It's really up to you.

The only thing I'd say to take note of is that if you did go with a P5d, you could get the P3x EX10 mono-riser with it to add tilt options and increase reach adjustment and pad width adjustment.

What are your big triathlon goals for this season and next?

Eric

upsidedownmark wrote:
Eric,

Thanks for the comments and help on my earlier 'wtf' thread about my current bike.. now in a happy enough place I'm back to considering the replacement.

Currently coordinates: Pad stack 665mm, Pad reach 470 (bop) with a 9cm long pad, 240mm centre-centre on the pads. 740 saddle height, sitero (snubnose) with the nose 25mm behind bb. 165 cranks (as you said, they seem to be an improvement)
The element I'm least confident on and need wriggle room for is pad stack. I'll try to bring the stack back down a bit; my original fit was 649 with the pads 20cm apart. I do like the fairly wide pad stance (have very broad shoulders). I may go a little longer still, and could probably / perhaps profitably come forward a bit more on the saddle.

In terms of bike, Ideal would be a P5D / older P5(six). Suspect a P3x is a better fit, but.. not feeling the love. I'd probably go off brand, or maybe build a tricked out bike around a P2 frame over that option.

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK. My misunderstanding then - thought the 'x' bikes were more accommodating of my taller front end.

Goals, this year Roth, chasing 10.. Obviously there's not much time to evolve anything, and I'm highly unlikely to change the bike/ride the new bike with that timeframe. Next year yet to be planned, but will be middle/long. I also sprinkle in a reasonable number of timetrials (non UCI) through the year, but that's more fun than serious.
I don't know how much my fit will evolve, if any. I'm 44, and have been on this P2 for nearly 7 years - old dog, new tricks? I am stretching more (hamstrings) and nudging it a little longer per yours and trent's comments previously. Open to experimentation, I guess lower probably means more forward saddle, and I figure there's a practical limit on that.

EX10 noted, thanks.

Does the 'old' p5 six size the same? There's an appeal to not having to change out my nice wheels..
Quote Reply

Prev Next