Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman results protest
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know anything about how to protest a result? I'm currently listed at DQ at Texas for not showing up at the penalty tent. But I certainly did, they wrote my name down, saying "unless we write your name down sometimes it slips through the cracks and you get DQ'd."

It's possible that there is a fairly easy solution to this issue, but in my currently addled state I'm having trouble finding it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman results protest [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a gps file which would indicate a stop?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Appeal to ref (generally near the finish area / transition) within 30 mins of finishing with a deposit is the usual way - it'll be in the race guide and would have been explained at the pre-race briefing.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman results protest [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't recall ever hearing how to handle disputes at a race briefing. Seriously. I attend every one for the races I go to and its 99.99% waste of time stuff like "race like you trained", "did you train with a flat kit, well then bring one tomorrow" and such. Have you heard disputes discussed?

Now athlete guide, maybe. But I read those pretty thoroughly and only recall reading the ref has the FINAL decision and DO NOT argue with the ref. But I also don't ever plan to have to dispute so I could miss it / not remember because i glossed over it.

Situations like these stink. I do feel sorry for the OP. You would think there would be a logical way to fix this. The GPS data seems easiest but wonder if the volunteers in the tent would recognize you and admit a clerical error on their part as well.

Moral of this - when in doubt don't leave the race site until you've talked to the ref at the finish. At least they would give you instructions on what you needed to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was amatuer, and I know this was at a USAT race not an Ironman, but I won Rev 3 Cedar Point in the amatuer field. The second place guy came up to me well past any sort of time limit and was like, "you better check the board". I went to check and I had 12 minutes of penalties I think. I was dumbfound and went to the results company and they were able to narrow they were outside assistance penalties. I said that is nearly impossible, for one I am here alone, two I never received any assistance, never took anything from any strangers etc. USAT refs were already on planes, trains, and automobiles and this was a cash money amatuer race, like $5,000 USD on the line for 1st in the series. Well I pleaded with them and they started to do some digging, turns out they pulled the official penalty list out of the trash and sure enough they fat-fingered the number into the system. The penalties were marked for a different athlete, off by one digit somewhere, and they made the correction on the spot.

I know this sort of situation is a little different, but legitimate clerical errors clearly can exist. Best of luck, would try to track down the leader of the penalty tent as my only suggestion.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman results protest [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
When I was amatuer, and I know this was at a USAT race not an Ironman, but I won Rev 3 Cedar Point in the amatuer field. The second place guy came up to me well past any sort of time limit and was like, "you better check the board". I went to check and I had 12 minutes of penalties I think. I was dumbfound and went to the results company and they were able to narrow they were outside assistance penalties. I said that is nearly impossible, for one I am here alone, two I never received any assistance, never took anything from any strangers etc. USAT refs were already on planes, trains, and automobiles and this was a cash money amatuer race, like $5,000 USD on the line for 1st in the series. Well I pleaded with them and they started to do some digging, turns out they pulled the official penalty list out of the trash and sure enough they fat-fingered the number into the system. The penalties were marked for a different athlete, off by one digit somewhere, and they made the correction on the spot.

I know this sort of situation is a little different, but legitimate clerical errors clearly can exist. Best of luck, would try to track down the leader of the penalty tent as my only suggestion.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've sent an email, which at this point is about all I can do.

In the end it's not really a huge deal. I know that I did an ironman in something like 11:40 today including a very surprising five minute drafting penalty around mile 40. If that result isn't listed on a website, so be it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t give up. You will find someone in the chain of emails to help you. Please let us know how it turns out so others can learn from this.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman results protest [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish USAT and Ironman would adopt a few rules that USAC has. In USAC sanctioned races, you have a set amount of time after results are posted to protest a result. After that time, the results are final. No ambiguity.
Quote Reply