Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
had a rough week. My mom called on Wednesday night to tell me my grandmother had died. Technically not a grandmother, but she was my mom's best friend's mom when they were growing up, and I spent as much or more time with she and my other (still living) not-blood-related grandfather as I did with the blood relative sets. So that was really hard, particularly as I'm all alone out here away from family, and it happened somewhat suddenly... I had expected to see them in May.

anyway...
M:15 mi run
T: off
W: 8.2 mi run + 1025 yd swim
T: 8 mi run + 675 yd swim
F: 8.5 mi run + 1275 yd swim
S: 8.5 mi (w/ 10k race 50:55, 9th FOV) + 1275 yd swim
S: 7.5 mi run + 1375 yd swim

goals this week:
do things that make me run faster (like today - no run!)
and swim faster (like today! did a threshold set!)
use the healthy coping skills

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so sorry for your loss, Dr. TC. Family doesn't always mean blood relation, and in many cases people who are amazing step into those roles out of love. She sounds like she was a great person for you and your family. I'm sorry you can't be with them right now. If you need to lean on us for healthy coping, we are here for you.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry for your loss Dr. Tigerchik, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Please take good care of you and remember all your healthy coping mechanisms.

My training took the backseat to some personal stress, the return of my sniffles, and a bout of low energy/low motivation. I skipped or modified a bunch of training. I managed 2 swims, 3 bikes, and 3 runs but only one workout felt even halfway decent. Aren't bodies weird? I felt fantastic for a week after my 70.3 and but could barely get myself motivated to run :30 easy. Blegh.

On the brightside, I took a nice yoga class and got outside to do some trail maintenance and land restoration in a park damaged by wildfires.

Hoping my funk clears up today or tomorrow -- have 4 bikes, 4 runs, and 3 swims scheduled but it'll be TBD.

Happy training y'all.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I am arrived. It is race week for Ironman Texas.

::thousand yard stare::

This week's goal is to go and kick some ass. I am hoping to PR, and PR mightily. But no matter what happens, crossing that finish line is going to be a victory for me. A year ago I had my diagnosis of ovarian failure but no secure treatment plan, and had already ruled out triathlon season. I didn't know if I'd ever train or race again, let alone toe the line at another Ironman. But here we are. It's a victory not just for me, but for my doctor, my coach, my RD, my friends and family, and everyone that's supported me (that's YOU!) in the past year. I can't wait to get to Texas, feel all the feels, do all the race things, hug the shit out of my IronBae and cheer her on for her shot at an epic PR, and buy all the swag. I am surprising calm and steady right now, with intermittent bouts of OMGness.

M- rest day: finish up packing, dismantle the bike, meet with Coach to finalize race strategy, and cycling board meeting
Tu- 2200yd swim and 30min run w/intervals, and really finish packing
W- rest day (Travel to the Woodlands! Flight is at 6am! WTF was I thinking!?)
Th- 30min shakeout ride
F- 15/15/15 brick all the things
Sa- F&CK SH!T UP
Su- Get my tattoo ;) Not really. Maybe.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC-I am so sorry to hear your news. It must have been a shock and I hope you rely on those healthy coping strategies. My thoughts will be with you this week.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi folks,

Cupcake, good luck! Have tubs and tubs of fun in Texas! Good luck to IronBae too!!!

Ladies, I had a rough the week before last because I was trying to push running a little and it was pushing back. Well, guess who has two thumbs and ran one single mile at her goal pace (a swift 10 min. mile...) without any knee pain, and then did her highest mileage week ever, throwing in an extra run even? That's right, yer girl Newb. I also got my hubby a bike and we went on a beautiful, long bike ride for Easter and just had a lovely day of it. So, it was a good week by the end.

Goals for next week:

M: Rest
Tu: Bike + run
W: Swim + strength
Th: Bike + run
F: Swim + strength
Sa: Long run
Su: Long bike + short run

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry for your loss Dr TC.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woooohoooo Dr_C! Sounds like you are all set for an awesome weekend.

I have a swag story. In 2012, when I was pretty out of shape, my husband thought it would be a good idea to enter the lottery to hike the Half Dome. Of course, we got slots so we landed up at Yosemite and I was checking out the gift shop when I noticed they had two types of t-shirt. Ones that say "I made it to the top" and others that say "I (almost) made it to the top". Being able to buy the former is what kept me moving when I freaked out on the 2 x 4s. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm motivated by swag.

Newb - well done on the speedy mile!

My goals were: 3 x swim (yes), 4 x bike (yes, and two of them were outside), 4 x run (yes, including one in the city on new to me paved trails), 2 x strength (only 1, but we had a big call out on Wednesday night so I'm giving myself a pass).

This week is awkward because of pool closures and a weekend course that is pretty physical, so this is what it will hopefully look like:
M: FTP test (done, no change) + Vo2max run
T: swim + strength
W: swim + bike/run brick
Th: bike (maybe outdoors) + long run
F: swim + bike
S: short run
S: rest, kind of.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wooo! Nice work GiantNewb :D

Good luck this weekend Dr. Cupcake!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC - very sorry to hear about your grandmother (blood or not).

DrC - good luck!!!!

Last week was OK considering travel, rain and cold weather. No work travel now until later in May.

Swim: 2,000 m
Bike: 12.4 miles
Trainer: 30 minutes
Walk: 0
Weights/Pilates: 2:17 (no yoga)
Time: 4:35

Our weather turned and we are now supposed to have 80F (yea!) but allergies are really bad. I had to get out of the pool today after 1,000 LCM since I was wheezing and couldn't get my breath. One of the guys in the lane said that happened to him a couple of days prior.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [GiantNewb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
ran one single mile at her goal pace (a swift 10 min. mile...) without any knee pain, and then did her highest mileage week ever, throwing in an extra run even?

Congrats!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was a good week, finally starting to get over my cough. Swam 3x, track workout 1x, & bike.
This week WILL BE a good week, as one year ago today is was in the ER/ICU after a bike accident , still have no memory of what happened, missing about 10 minutes. Some friends rode the same route on Saturday , one who was actually riding with me that day. This week’s workout plans- swim 3-4x, bike 3x, run 1-2x (my Tuesday track was cancelled due to Spring Break ) .
Hope everyone has a positively productive week!!

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My training took the backseat to some personal stress, the return of my sniffles, and a bout of low energy/low motivation. I skipped or modified a bunch of training. I managed 2 swims, 3 bikes, and 3 runs but only one workout felt even halfway decent. Aren't bodies weird? I felt fantastic for a week after my 70.3 and but could barely get myself motivated to run :30 easy. Blegh.

I think after a good, long race you get ALL the endorphins for a bit... then the fatigue sets in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr_C, I hope your travel went well yesterday. Have a great race!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'm not ashamed to admit I'm motivated by swag.

Me too in some cases. I'm highly motivated to earn the right to wear a Boston Marathon jacket. Am not yet worthy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you're right. I felt great but kept things pretty easy during my recovery week but maybe I just wasn't as dialed in as I thought? Either way, I'm feeling better now so less stressed about my race on the 4th.

Hope your week is looking up.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is - thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oi, allergies. So sorry! I hate that right when it gets nice out folks' bodies revolt...

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you're feeling better!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the well wishes, Ladies!

I'm locked and loaded and currently playing the game of "can I take less than 100 steps between now and tomorrow". Dinner tonight with IronBae and the husbands, and then hopefully sleep early.

It's going to be a gorgeous day to race! I'm excited. And nervous. Good nerves though, hoping to harness those butterflies in front of my chariot tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck!! I hope you crush it Dr cupcake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinkin' of ya, Cupcake!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? April 22 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same! GO CUPCAKE!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
same! GO CUPCAKE!

I want to live track her, but I'm guessing "Dr Cupcake" isn't her real name...😂
Quote Reply

Prev Next