Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cairbull helmets
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with these? https://www.ebay.co.uk/...627?var=691363220800

Thanks.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Cairbull helmets [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to be cairbull when buying helmets overseas, they rarely have the CPSC certification needed in the US
---let me try another----
Be cairbull what you wish for, this helmet looks so aero your head might advance beyond the front wheel.
---how about----
I'd tread cairbully with this purchase as I think these are made by imprisoned Uyghers in China.

The last one's no good. For starters it's straight up political/religious and is likely to offend but also, Uyghers (pron: We-Gers) is just too obscure.

I'll try to work up a few more. 'Til then, cool helmet, first I've heard of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cairbull helmets [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Ian said

ianpeace wrote:
You need to be cairbull when buying helmets overseas, they rarely have the CPSC certification needed in the US
---let me try another----
Be cairbull what you wish for, this helmet looks so aero your head might advance beyond the front wheel.
---how about----
I'd tread cairbully with this purchase as I think these are made by imprisoned Uyghers in China.

The last one's no good. For starters it's straight up political/religious and is likely to offend but also, Uyghers (pron: We-Gers) is just too obscure.

I'll try to work up a few more. 'Til then, cool helmet, first I've heard of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cairbull helmets [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Europe not in the USA and don't race at home (meaning the US). If the helmet is really made by Uighur's who were inprisioned then I wouldn't buy it anyway (but then I would need a reliable source for that). It was just an option I was considering but I have not decided if I will really do it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at the shot of the inside of the helmet, I don't see any certification stickers (CE, CPSC, etc.). I doubt it you would be allowed to race with it.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Cairbull helmets [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't get that far ...thanks for that!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking closer, I do see a black sticker on the back/right of the interior. Can't see any certification there though. Looking at their website, I see no mention of the helmet's safety certs: http://www.cairbullsport.com/helmets/62-en.html

In contrast, Giro's page on the Aerohead ( https://www.giro.com/...aerohead-mips-helmet ) mentions the certs, and the helmet has prominent stickers (see below).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Cairbull helmets [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Looking at the shot of the inside of the helmet, I don't see any certification stickers (CE, CPSC, etc.). I doubt it you would be allowed to race with it.

Even when kit IS 'CE' marked, still be wary.
Some Chinese manufacturers claim it means 'China Export' - absolute BS of course, its there to confuse / dupe the buyer to thinking items are actually certified independently etc to suitable safety stds.

Not just bike lids, but all the way to copied road diggers etc.

The importer into the EU is responsible. So if you're buying such stuff, strictly you're the one responsible (and strixtly it's you breaking EU law if it's falsely marked).
Quote Reply