Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://the5krunner.com/...usic-maps-confirmed/

Quote:
My understanding is that the announcement is not set for a few more days yet.

Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap the new 945 is going to be expensive. $600 bills for the watch and $750 for the HRM package.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Holy crap the new 945 is going to be expensive. $600 bills for the watch and $750 for the HRM package.

Seems too steep when Fenix 5 Plus is only $50 more for a lot more features.

I think the sweet spot would have been $500 for the 945.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
Yeah, the current 935 is priced at $500, and I was crossing my fingers for only a moderate to no price increase. Nope. Garmin is going for it with a $100 price increase!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds about right for addition of music (if it actually works this time)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah... Clicking that pre-order button is going to sting. My 735XT is 3 years old, so I figure it is nearing its end of life for me. This is my planned upgrade path, but I will have to close my eyes when I submit the order. I think I paid $250 for my 305 back in 2006 or 2007, so the prices of these suckers have multiplied 2.4 times in about 12 years. Garmin is beating the stock market.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Sounds about right for addition of music (if it actually works this time)
Music works fine on my Fenix 5x Plus....

In fact my watch works perfectly and as advertised. Maybe I’m the exception
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes i have written about this several times. It clearly works for some. And I guess if your combination of earbuds and how/where you use them works, then you have no issue with the product. But, it doesn’t work for all which is clearly an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a lot of suckers who seem to enjoy paying crazy amounts for features with no proven value (like all the training load and recovery stuff they license from first beat).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:

wall street started wearing garmins to show that they're also into fitness...prices will continue going up.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [triczyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah... $600 for the baseline model is, in my opinion, too much. I'm VERY disappointed by that. Yes, I do appreciate Garmin Pay and Music, but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $100 for that. That's an interesting move from Garmin since Wahoo is (supposedly) getting into the triathlon watch bandwagon very soon (if the5krunner is to be believed, he briefly talked about a ceramic watch (light material) coming out in the next 4 weeks or so..). If Wahoo manages to release a competent, reliable and affordable watch, Garmin might be forced to change their strategy. The Wahoo's brand is very well known to triathletes and a good amount of them, already have a Kickers and/or a Bolt. I've been a Garmin fanboy for a long time, but I also love competition and spend less money. Let's see..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
blueapplepaste wrote:
Yeah, the current 935 is priced at $500, and I was crossing my fingers for only a moderate to no price increase. Nope. Garmin is going for it with a $100 price increase!

I don’t get it either. I guess they figure triathlon people are willing to pay $100 more for same watch + pay and music.

For $50 more the Fenix is a no brainer. I just don’t get this price point at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:

I think I missed something. Where was the pricing announced?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clever Training leaked the pricing & specs on their website a couple days ago.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
exxxviii wrote:
blueapplepaste wrote:

I don’t get it either. I guess they figure triathlon people are willing to pay $100 more for same watch + pay and music.

For $50 more the Fenix is a no brainer. I just don’t get this price point at all.

For me, my watch is also my bike computer. I have the quick release accessory which they stopped making for the Fenix series.

I would have bought the 735 but no quick release.

My previous watch was the 920. I might skip the 945.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:

Oof. I see it now.

This seems to really open the door for Wahoo, I think. They could really make a splash and pull Garmin users on the fence about paying that steep upgrade price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:

https://www.activejr.com/...and-45-specs-leaked/
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$750 for a running watch? That is absolutely ridiculous. Fitness watches are becoming like smartphones now...

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
$750 for a running watch? That is absolutely ridiculous. Fitness watches are becoming like smartphones now...
Apple: "We're going to create the world's most expensive smart watch."
Garmin: "Hold my beer."
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

but even less reliable. i've had 2 high-end garmins die on me within 8 months and both times had poor support from garmin. at these sort of prices they need to improve on both those fronts as well as providing some meaningful functional or practical improvements. as it stands, my 935 will probably die before it should and i will be forced to buy a new garmin. however if wahoo do enter the market with a strong option then i will likely give that a go and would then ditch my garmin edge bike computer for a wahoo too so a double hit to garmin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
While you might think the price does not provide sufficient value, clearly others do.

Guessing you're not in the market for one of these then Garmin Marq Collection?

If you cannot see the value from paying the purchase price for any product then obviously you need to consider other alternatives that meet your criteria for value and price.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree - it's a little eye-watering.

I'll be interested to see DC Rainmaker's inevitable comparison video between the 935 & 945. Would I be right in thinking the 945 has an updated screen to accommodate the maps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

I don’t need or want a bunch of the stuff it does (like music). I don’t want a smart watch, I want a high quality multi-sport watch - and of course those exist.

Also, everything I have owned from Garmin (5 devices) has had serious reliability issues.

0 chance I will buy this. I MIGHT buy a cheap 920 or 935 if those prices drop because of the 945. I doubt it, however, because of my previously stated reliability issues with Garmin products.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
BryanD wrote:
While you might think the price does not provide sufficient value, clearly others do.

Guessing you're not in the market for one of these then Garmin Marq Collection?

If you cannot see the value from paying the purchase price for any product then obviously you need to consider other alternatives that meet your criteria for value and price.

I did.
And as a result I've gone got myself a Polar Vantage.
Just got to extract MY data from Garmin's clutches.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm surprised I haven't seen this here yet, Garmin 945 leaked. [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can at least get it out (to Dropbox or other)
https://tapiriik.com/faq
Quote Reply

Prev Next