IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [frebay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I am in Poland.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [triprem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May I ask where do you live? I am in the US and I've been waiting for a 2019 version for quite a while

Follow me on IG: @Commandersnake
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [commandersnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either you guys go to EU and get it there (as I just did taking advantage of my trip there) or won’t get any speedmax in US till 2020. Canyon USA is a joke...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Swissside just hint at the Speedmax disc?

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Mar 7, 19 10:13
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have heard they are coming out with a new speedmax this fall (kona) and will be a disc. Now, whether Lange will still be sponsored by canyon at that time, that remains to be seen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all

I have two of the rare behind the seat post water bottle holders.

Does not come with the bothlecage but are the specific canyon add ons for your bikes.

Check out the classified link.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Regards

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Phil Hodson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeeeeezzzzz, trying to make a buck on these things?!?! Just bought one in the UK for a buddy, $50 cheaper w/ shipping to the states..

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow never realized. I just got these over from the uk too! Will have to amend the price ASAP then.

Phil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any owners out there have a roof bike rack suggestion for this bike? Some of the models that have good reviews have a big interface around the front wheel and I worry there won't be enough frame clearance mechanism to clamp down. For example the Yakima High Road. Do you use a fork mounted rack? I just have always worried about these.....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Does anyone knows wich bite valve works with the Speedmax Aero bottle straW?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread (Replacing Base Bars) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all, replacing the base bars on my 2018 Speedmax CF SLX. Wondering if anyone in the group has some experience in accomplishing this… so far not the most maintenance friendly bike I’ve ever seen. Button shifters and front brake cable – no problem… but the rear brake cable is way above my pay grade…. When taking the old cable off there was not enough cable sticking out of the rear brake to connect anything to pull back through/guide the new. Had to pull the old one out in the blind. Now I cannot get the new cable through the frame to the rear brakes. Anyone out there know an easy way to get this done. (Besides taking it to a bike shop)(None in my close proximity).

MFlinn
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread (Replacing Base Bars) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any speedmax slx owners in the San Francisco Bay Area? I’ve been asked by several owners around the world to design a rear storage box for that bike, but in order to do so, I need to have physical access to it to measure and test fit.

If you are in the Bay Area and willing to let me measure your frame, usually 30 minutes of your time, I would offer you a box for your bike at my cost. Private message me if interested

You can see my rear storage box solutions on my website in my signature below.

Thanks

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread (Replacing Base Bars) [mwflinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replaced my base bars to the "long" stem version last month. Actually pretty big pain, and like you said, it's the rear brake that is especially difficult. Only solution we could figure out was to loosen the internal battery inside the downtime and try and fish the cable back in. Good luck!! Not sure how I'll ever get it packed in a normal bike box with the stem cable tolerances the way it is now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread (Replacing Base Bars) [mwflinn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only suggestion is an old trick I've used in the past with internal cabling. Put a good length of dental floss or thread into one hole, then tape over every other hole apart from the one you want to route to. Put a vacuum cleaner over this hole (may also need to tape the nozzle to the frame to get a good seal) and it should suck through the floss/thread which you can then attach to a cable to guide it through. Haven't tried it on a Speedmax but it's worked for me on a few other frames so should do the job. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread (Replacing Base Bars) [Dudehorse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, good luck with the packing, thats always tough, especially to avoid damage.
I'm switching out the flat base bar for the upswung 80mm one. Like I said all was well till the rear brake. So I basically have my bike completely disassembled. Was trying to avoid punching the bottom bracket but after looking closely I don't think theres any way to avoid it. I could see through the BB hole a piece of brake tubing sticking down and it looked like it somehow came through or over the battery holder; I grabbed the tubing to see if I could move it to find out if it went all the way through the frame or just over the battery. Well, I found out pretty quick. That piece is only about three inches long and go's under the BB and through or over the battery holder (came out in my hand). No way to really find out unless I take that bottom bearing out to see past it... I just keep getting deeper and deeper. Problem is that I can't find any info on how this thing is actually supposed to be put together (schematics). Gonna try and call Canyon today to see if anyone in level 2 knows how this thing actually go's back together...

MFlinn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! Any clue wich bitevalve works for the straw?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [frantona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the camelbak one. Fits perfectly.

https://www.camelbak.com/...43e2804e7505cf6941ec
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
benb wrote:
I use the camelbak one. Fits perfectly.

https://www.camelbak.com/...43e2804e7505cf6941ec

Sorry for the stupid question, but do you slide the bite valve over the straw, or do you "squeeze" it in the inside?
I just got the camelbak big bite valve and I was unable to slide it over the end of the straw... (which seems the correct way of doing it)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve managed to lose the little square cap that keeps the 2 halves of the integrated hydration system together (the bit with the arrow pointing forward). Have asked Canyon about getting a new one but I was wondering if anyone has a temporary fix?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Stimps9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a temporary fix, but if you end up needing to buy a whole new hydration system (my guess is that is what Canyon will tell you, as I doubt they'll sell you the one part), I have two that I'm going to list for sale. I ride the 2018 size M, which comes with the "normal" size hydration/bento kit, and also bought a second one as backup (which is still in original packaging). I switched to a longer stem from the size L and had to buy the size "large" hydration/bento kit, so now I have two $250 unusable hydration/bento kits!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [Stimps9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd go with the good old coathanger - cut a short section (70mm/2 to 3") and bend about 20mm at either end. If you get the bends in the right place it should sit snug against the holes in the bottles but still be easy to pull out. If it is a bit loose, then no dramas, once you get the rubber cover back on it wont go anywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [frantona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the bitevalve of a CamelBack Eddy bottle I had at home. Perfect fit (the bite valve is quite big, but does the job). I also tried the Camelback Big Bite Valve, but it wasn't working at all. I read online that the new Eddy is different from the older models. My best bet would be to try to find one in store and see if it fits.

I am considering trimming the valve down in the future... I will see.

https://www.camelbak.com/...4af9b0af71e14eef5d55

Last edited by: Charleyy: Jun 21, 19 8:33
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
...I ride the 2018 size M, which comes with the "normal" size hydration/bento kit, and also bought a second one as backup (which is still in original packaging). I switched to a longer stem from the size L and had to buy the size "large" hydration/bento kit...
Any chance you could post a pic of your setup with the longer stem? I’m curious what this looks like. Is the hydration unit bigger, and thus, holds more liquid?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Canyon Speedmax CF SLX Thread [TCMiles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the hydration unit is slightly bigger, a bit longer by a cm or so. But you can barely tell except when you hold the two next to each other. I’ll take some side by side photos and post them later this weekend.

Question on installing Canyon’s Garmin mount. It seems like you need to trim the front of the top piece. I can’t get the top to sit flush. The little piece near the tip of the nose is blocked by the Garmin mount. Did you trim the top part with an exact knife or something?

The Garmin mount also doesn’t seem very aero, sticking into the wind. I kind of wonder if I’d be better off with a “standard” Garmin mount that just clips onto the aero extension and sits between the extensions where the air is already dirtier. Thoughts?
Quote Reply

Prev Next