Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alpha One - Not for just competitors :-)

Just about have everything set for the season(s) ahead. I just need a long ride or two before I trim the mono post. Other than a lot of chain noise (etap needs to be dialed in and chain needs new wax) at the end of a test ride yesterday which included an impromptu race of sorts I was really pleased with the Alpha One bars. Most pleasing was the cleanliness compared to the stock mechanical cables that were an absolute mess and was a constant irritation to my mental issues. :-)

Yep, I could have stuck the blip box in the Calpac and the clics I ordered were the longer cables, but with it below the BTA mount I am content as I don't see it and not competing it's not too big a deal. The Speedfil Z4 / Garmin does sit above my forearms, but it puts the display in a perfect spot for me. Between the Garmin and Blipbox catching a little air it is worth the slight penalty.

The bike felt great. I am a happy customer. Also added another TriRig Omega X to the rear brake.

A few more pics here

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick question for you comparing the Alpha X to Alpha One . . . I have the Alpha X and use the tilt hardware. Is the minimum stack on the Alpha One lower/same/higher than the Alpha X in this configuration? That is, assuming I am not going to use the undermount hardware on the Alpha X (which I don't know if the tilt works with that anyway), just comparing Alpha One to Alpha X w/ tilt and no spacers anywhere.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Alpha One does go about 25mm lower than the lowest Alpha X overmount. You can see this on the respective fit guides for each bar.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [ryryrocco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@ryryrocco, I went through all 18 pages of this thread but I don't believe anyone asked you: Did you get a 5 port junction box to fit inside the basebar cavity? How did you do it? I'm considering the same setup (Di2 Shiv + Alpha One) but it seems a few people are having trouble hiding the junction box.

ryryrocco wrote:
pgibbo wrote:
Hi All,

For those that have installed the Alpha, what are you using as a hydration solution. Also, what are you using to hold your Garmin?

I've mine installed and love it. Need to decide now on a hydration setup for long course and where/how to position the Garmin. Cheers.

P.

I have installed the Alpha One on my Shiv. I tried to use an XLAB Torpedo BTA (that i was using previously) mounting the cage in the dragonfly mounts rather then the XLAB versa I had previously used which required me to mount my Garmin using a standard aerobar mount. When the torpedo bottle was mounted in the cage it blocked the Garmin completely. I purchased the "Space Saver Computer Mount" from XLAB, but i felt it was sitting way to high on top of the torpedo and would be to much of an aero penalty.

I switched to a Profile Design "Aero HC" bottle and mount I had lying in the spare parts bin. It fits well, but the Garmin is a little farther back then I would like. Its not right under my eyes, but almost between the pads. I do like that the profile design is a little easier to clean then the torpedo. I have had only one ride so far, but it seemed to work well.

I may try to find the "Aero Computer Mount" that came with the torpedo https://www.xlab-usa.com/...-computer-mount.html and see if I can move the Garmin forward between wrists more, without being blocked by the bottle, but question if it will work.

Here are some shots of my setup before I changed to the Aero HC bottle.

Still have to secure the di2 wires to the monopost, to tidy up the front (done after pic) and trim the monopost (after receiving the new one and some more riding to make sure setup is dialed in)

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [cvcabran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just beautiful!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Opinion question:

How long or how many rides would you put in before feeling confident enough to trim the excess mono post?

I was thinking a couple months with at least a couple 100 mile routes. I set up as close as I could to the original fit and did a short test ride (30 miles). Just a bit skittish on cutting off the excess post. I have no events and at the moment I am just trying to get in base endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How skittish are you about paying $84.99 (currently $76.49 with 10% discount) for a replacement monopost? Because that's your worst case if you cut the post and regret the decision.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is one of the nice attributes of being able to get another if I screw it up. Hope I don’t need to.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
Opinion question:

How long or how many rides would you put in before feeling confident enough to trim the excess mono post?
My opinion - don't trim it. I get that aesthetically, it's nicer without the post. But from an aero perspective, the weighted-average drag of the post is only about 4g. We will have lots more information about this and related topics soon, once we officially launch the universal cover.

Moreover, if your bike is compatible with the universal cover, then just put the cover on and then you definitely wouldn't need to trim. And you'd get the added aero benefit of the cover itself. Again, lots of good data coming, soon.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much for this information. At 55 I am actually fitted more aggressively than my previous bike. If don’t trim it and I don't age well I can raise it. Great to know there’s not much aero penalty.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [cvcabran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cvcabran wrote:
@ryryrocco, I went through all 18 pages of this thread but I don't believe anyone asked you: Did you get a 5 port junction box to fit inside the basebar cavity? How did you do it? I'm considering the same setup (Di2 Shiv + Alpha One) but it seems a few people are having trouble hiding the junction box.

ryryrocco wrote:
pgibbo wrote:
Hi All,

For those that have installed the Alpha, what are you using as a hydration solution. Also, what are you using to hold your Garmin?

I've mine installed and love it. Need to decide now on a hydration setup for long course and where/how to position the Garmin. Cheers.

P.

I have installed the Alpha One on my Shiv. I tried to use an XLAB Torpedo BTA (that i was using previously) mounting the cage in the dragonfly mounts rather then the XLAB versa I had previously used which required me to mount my Garmin using a standard aerobar mount. When the torpedo bottle was mounted in the cage it blocked the Garmin completely. I purchased the "Space Saver Computer Mount" from XLAB, but i felt it was sitting way to high on top of the torpedo and would be to much of an aero penalty.

I switched to a Profile Design "Aero HC" bottle and mount I had lying in the spare parts bin. It fits well, but the Garmin is a little farther back then I would like. Its not right under my eyes, but almost between the pads. I do like that the profile design is a little easier to clean then the torpedo. I have had only one ride so far, but it seemed to work well.

I may try to find the "Aero Computer Mount" that came with the torpedo https://www.xlab-usa.com/...-computer-mount.html and see if I can move the Garmin forward between wrists more, without being blocked by the bottle, but question if it will work.

Here are some shots of my setup before I changed to the Aero HC bottle.

Still have to secure the di2 wires to the monopost, to tidy up the front (done after pic) and trim the monopost (after receiving the new one and some more riding to make sure setup is dialed in)

We have twins... Rocket Red Shivs are the best:). In my case the junction box is in the frame in the front-most area in front of the bladder (accessed via the cover for the hydration bladder) I also have the option when I don't have the bladder in there (which I only use on race days) to Velcro (industrial stuff) the junction box to the bottom of the blank hydration cover. I put a 4 port junction in the Alpha One just to pull the wires from the shifters (one shifter if wired direct bypassing the 4 port... since it is just a 4 port.) Love the Alpha One!

Last edited by: gregtay: Apr 18, 19 20:54
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:

We have twins... Rocket Red Shivs are the best:). In my case the junction box is in the frame in the front-most area in front of the bladder (accessed via the cover for the hydration bladder) I also have the option when I don't have the bladder in there (which I only use on race days) to Velcro (industrial stuff) the junction box to the bottom of the blank hydration cover. I put a 4 port junction in the Alpha One just to pull the wires from the shifters (one shifter if wired direct bypassing the 4 port... since it is just a 4 port.) Love the Alpha One!

One thing I will add on Hydration - I was running the Alpha X w/ the Xlab Versa with the carbon plate trimmed down so it was just an narrow extension up to the computer mount (direct mounted on top, so not using an straps, etc.) When I switched to the Alpha One the mounting holes were much further forward and it put my bottle/computer up into my hands. So I ended up modifying it to make it sit further back. Basically I used the front screw for the cage (that goes through the carbon plate) if the rear most hole on the Alpha One. Then I drilled a new hole in the carbon plate further forward to align with one of the forward mounting holes on the Alpha One. Last problem to solve was the cage now only being held on by a screw in the front hole. I was able to find a super short/shallow nylon screw with a low clearance backing nut (similar to chain ring bolts) and this worked perfectly :) I also added a little double sided tape under everything. Raced Oceanside a few weeks ago and the set up worked perfectly.. super solid, no rattling, etc. That was the only thing I could come up with to still run the Xlab which I have had really had good luck with. I can try to get a few close ups of the set up if someone is interested.

Last edited by: gregtay: Apr 19, 19 10:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Do you have any suggestions for expanding the pad width of the A1 to 245mm?

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Felt_Rider wrote:
Opinion question:

My opinion - don't trim it. I get that aesthetically, it's nicer without the post. But from an aero perspective, the weighted-average drag of the post is only about 4g. We will have lots more information about this and related topics soon, once we officially launch the universal cover.

Moreover, if your bike is compatible with the universal cover, then just put the cover on and then you definitely wouldn't need to trim. And you'd get the added aero benefit of the cover itself. Again, lots of good data coming, soon.

I had to trim mine because anything lower than 4 (and I have it at like 1) hit the brake cover on my Dimond.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
TriRig wrote:
Felt_Rider wrote:
I had to trim mine because anything lower than 4 (and I have it at like 1) hit the brake cover on my Dimond.
Yeah, that's a very legit reason to trim. And that's another reason we keep extras on hand at all times, and sell them as close to our cost as we can.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have to modify the bolt you used in any way? Length? Grinding the head to have it sit flush in dragonfly hole? Do you recall the bolt size? I think it is an M3 and about 1.75cm might be about the right length but not sure. Did you place anything extra between the blip box and the underside of the dragonfly (like rubber)?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [RUDist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a S.S. M4x16 Button Head with no modifications and nothing between the blip box and Dragonfly. The length was perfect and it is tight enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello. I see from the Parts Breakdown page for these bars that there should be M6 x 12 mm countersunk screws for the ergo cups. My mechanic says he can't find them, so I wonder if anyone can tell me where in the box they should have been? I'm wondering if they are shoved between foam pads and he can't find them, or...?

Thank you.

ETA the bolts have been located. They must have fallen out onto the floor or something while unpacking the box.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Apr 28, 19 14:46
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They should be in a labeled bag, sometimes tucked under other parts or the foam. Please shoot us an email at support@tririg.com if you need further assistance. Thanks!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
Here's a shot of the Alpha One mounted up to my wifes PRfive.

Hey, I wonder if anyone on the shorter end has ever cut the pursuit bar ends to bring the brake lever in a little closer? I picked your post since it's about a build for a woman. [ETA this question is no longer relevent.]

And for anyone keeping tabs, my mechanic worked for awhile to file down the 5 port A box I'd already purchased and concluded this was not the best path to continue on. I know there's discussion in later pages about the road bar end thingie working in an aluminum extension. Anyone ever conclude whether it'll fit in the TriRig ones?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: May 6, 19 2:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any info on whether I can use this bar on a felt ia disc?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the detailed breakdown!!

I like the idea of the EW-RS910 for easy access to charging, etc.

You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
Come on...what harm??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nick,

What’s the latest on the universal cover? Will it be available this season?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [jwrdds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't see any reason that use of Alpha One on the IA Disc would be any different from the previous IA models. So in short, yes I think it should work, but cannot guarantee it. Maybe some existing IA owners can chime in.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just succeeded to get my Alpha One installed on my Cervelo P3. It was a bit of a challenge with the brake cables, but by following this excellent forum made life a lot easier. The Alpha One bar feels great, everything (almost) fits in the cavity, the jagwire brake hoses take up some space and the 5 port di2 junction box gets really squeezed..so for the moment I decided throw it into the Bento box. Everything looks smooth though from Alpha One stem to bento so I'm not unhappy about it. I might cut the monopost in the future, we'll see.

Conclusion - the bike got a huge facelift. Legs did not get faster but the bike is :)!

Last edited by: mickehero: May 5, 19 15:57
Quote Reply

Prev Next