Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Former Olympic Cyclist Now Living Homeless In Seattle: Report [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
mickison wrote:
Scottxs wrote:
Ok I will be the realist here like a poster alluded too...…..

7.1 million jobs available in the US and she is confused about what to do? Unless she has some kind of mental health problem, which may be the case, at age 56 she can find a job. Maybe its time to leave Seattle.

from the article, it's pretty clear there are some mental health issues
She has a degree in comp sci and she would get along perfectly fine in Seattle if she could hold a job. The part about her not showing up for 4 days / not telling anyone - pretty clearly indicates a mental issue, and even then the job wasn't going to fire her.

She's probably pretty good at what she does and she'd be making far more money than she ever did cycling. She has some local relatives too, but at some point if a person isn't willing to get help themselves, how much can you do?

I agree. It doesn’t sound like she’s necessarily bitter but I can understand from relatives point of view that it wears thing after awhile
Quote Reply
Re: Former Olympic Cyclist Now Living Homeless In Seattle: Report [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The issue here seems to be that she wanted the security of an office job, but had no desire to become an office dweller.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Former Olympic Cyclist Now Living Homeless In Seattle: Report [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scottxs wrote:

7.1 million jobs available in the US and she is confused about what to do? Unless she has some kind of mental health problem, which may be the case, at age 56 she can find a job. Maybe its time to leave Seattle.
Oh look you are one of those 'just don't be poor' geniuses, aren't you? Be glad you've (clearly) never been in desperate circumstances.
Quote Reply
Re: Former Olympic Cyclist Now Living Homeless In Seattle: Report [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Scottxs wrote:

Oh look you are one of those 'just don't be poor' geniuses, aren't you? Be glad you've (clearly) never been in desperate circumstances.

I have never brought this up in this forum but since you have thrown down the challenge and don't have a clue about me....

I have spend the last 30 years as an Army Ranger in combat more times than I want to talk about.....don't tell me about desperate circumstances (clearly).

Read what I posted and use your brain before your emotions......I said unless there is a mental health issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Former Olympic Cyclist Now Living Homeless In Seattle: Report [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some echoes of Kelly Catlin, there. Child prodigy in track, tech background. Feeling burnt out after hitting head (though there may be zero cause/effect there, just pointing out the similarity in narrative) . Social disconnection. Suicidal thoughts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next