Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gene Dykes - sub 3:00 marathoner at +70 - youtube video
Quote | Reply
3 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/...81&v=XjDsILv40XM

Very impressed with his personality and what he doesn't do - stretching, cross training, etc. Runs what I would call a moderate amount given the amount of time triathletes spend training.

Started using a coach and benefited after all these years of running without one.

Not a high leg lift nor getting his feet off the ground - I would wonder about tripping - yet he's done trail runs.

Wow - humble brag - if I could run under 3 hours again for a marathon at my age, I might quit the cycling and swimming...

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Gene Dykes - sub 3:00 marathoner at +70 - youtube video [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impressive. Both his attitude and performances. I'm sort of half his age and trying to shave off 10' of my marathon PB towards a sub 3h marathon and he does it over and over again :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Gene Dykes - sub 3:00 marathoner at +70 - youtube video [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
3 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/...81&v=XjDsILv40XM

Very impressed with his personality and what he doesn't do - stretching, cross training, etc. Runs what I would call a moderate amount given the amount of time triathletes spend training.

Started using a coach and benefited after all these years of running without one.

Not a high leg lift nor getting his feet off the ground - I would wonder about tripping - yet he's done trail runs.

Wow - humble brag - if I could run under 3 hours again for a marathon at my age, I might quit the cycling and swimming...

He just finished Boston in 2:58:50.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, love it.

BTW, your link skips to the end of the video.
Quote Reply