Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hotel recs for Lifetime Chicago Tri
Quote | Reply
Thinking about doing the race (is the weekend of my birthday). Never been to Chicago. Would ideally like to stay within walking distance of the race (0.5 mile or so). Any lodging recs would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Hotel recs for Lifetime Chicago Tri [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Hilton on Michigan Ave is the host hotel where the expo is and is walking distance to the start but there are ton of hotels very close to there. If you search for hotels in the Loop you will find a bunch.

Brian Jacobson
Fit2Ride Velo Studio
http://www.fit2ridevelo.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed at Kimpton Allegro couple years ago. First time in Chicago also, a little further away from race start but liked their lobby space and happy hour. Riding my bike to T1 in the early morning, no cars, under the L-line tracks felt great also.

PS - Cindy's, the roof bar/resto on top of the Chicago Athletic's Cub has a great view of the Millennium Park. Nice lunch/dinner after check-in or post race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best bet will be to search some hotel/travel website for good hotels that match your preferences/budget in the Loop area. There are a lot. Last year I stayed at the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, which was cool. I'm doing the race this year (3rd year), but not sure yet where we'll stay.
Quote Reply