Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Apple Watch not saving workout when battery dies
Quote | Reply
I was surprised to discover that Apple Watch 4 didn’t save my the data of my run when it died before I finished. I couldn’t imagine how that decision could be made by the software people at Apple other then their utter contempt for their users. I wonder what other Apple Watch running apps‘ behavior, e.g. Runtastic. Anyone has experienced?
Quote Reply
Re: Apple Watch not saving workout when battery dies [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had this happen using ismoothrun with the same result - all data was lost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s not abject contempt. It is complete ignorance. Apple is not a sport company. They don’t have a clue. GPS and HR take 30 seconds or more to get a lock after starting an activity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every time someone says they want to get an apple watch for triathlon use it blows my damn mind.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That seems odd, but also not surprised that Apple doesn't "get it" on this front. The file format, whatever it is, should be logging lat/long etc the entire time and caching it in some capacity. See if you can file a bug ticket for this issue.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply