Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS
Quote | Reply
First episode in the books. Plenty of action and story, probably more so than any other season premiere other than Season 1. I loved how Bran cut right to the chase once Danny arrived in mentioning the fate of her dragon, and also the awkward moment when she first met Sam and realized she had condemned his father and brother to death. The look on Jaime's face at the end when he saw Bran was priceless.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was like, “Yikes. There’s a lot of people that aren’t gonna be happy to see Jaime. Last time he was there he threw Bran out a window.”

Queue Bran being the first person to see Jaime. Awesome. đź‘Ť

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sansa to Tyrion “I used to think you were the smartest person alive”. Arya to Jon “Sansa is the smartest person I know”. Tyrion hasn’t been smart in a couple seasons.

Loved how Theon freed his sister.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The look the dragon gave Jon

The ending scene

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have the scream stuck in my head. lol
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was freaky the way they shot that when Tormund and Bernice were talking, yet you could see him blurred in the background and then his eyes opened ice blue just before he came back into focus.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked it, but that was a lot of marching given that there are only 6 episodes this season.

At least Gendry got to stop rowing.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When the Hound was fucking with Gendry, I have expected Gendry to snatch the ax back and say, something like, "you don't want it? OK."

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Apr 15, 19 10:04
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I liked it, but that was a lot of marching given that there are only 6 episodes this season.

At least Gendry got to stop rowing.

Trying to figure out how they wrap this all up. Next week I bet most is still setup, and the last scene will be the Walkers reaching Winterfell. Ep 3 it the whole battle, and then 3 eps to figure out Cercei and the aftermath?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last 4 episodes are all around 80 minutes...they have a lot of time to work with. Basically two relatively long movies.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a26788332/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-length-hbo/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://bleacherreport.com/...ys-hes-used-steroids

I saw the whole E:60 piece, and when the subject of steroids came up "never failed a test" was in there, not by him necessarily, but by Magnus ver Magnussen

The Mountain has also tried to set the World Record for throwing a washing machine

https://io9.gizmodo.com/...achine-in-1791255345

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [jschm13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funniest thing I saw was a clip of Jamie as he saw Bran blankly staring back at him, while the theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm played over it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How come Bran wasn't telling everyone at Winterfell that Cersei was betraying them? That she has the Golden Company fighting for her now.

Why didn't he immediately tell Jon about his past? I mean just to get your "brother" to stop fucking his aunt? That's the least a brother could do!

He should have known Jamie was coming. Why wasn't he getting everyone prepared for that?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buddhabelly wrote:
How come Bran wasn't telling everyone at Winterfell that Cersei was betraying them? That she has the Golden Company fighting for her now.

Why didn't he immediately tell Jon about his past? I mean just to get your "brother" to stop fucking his aunt? That's the least a brother could do!

He should have known Jamie was coming. Why wasn't he getting everyone prepared for that?

Don't you remember, he told Sam, "he's not my brother."

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why I put brother in quotes! :)

If you had that kind of info about a person you once thought to be your brother and still cared about wouldn't you tell him right away?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My predictions.

Yara kills Euron
Jamie kills Cersei
The Mountains saves the hound and dies in the process
Jamie dies
Daenerys or Jon dies. Going with the auntie. Dies while delivering their baby.
Sansa and Arya live
Wondering who Melisandre brings back to life. Maybe Viserion which would be cool.
Tyrion lives. And he’s a Targaryen
Jorah dies protecting Daenerys
Night king lives. Goes back to Chicago uh I mean north.
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is Arya going to kill? What if after Jaime dies she kills Cersei wearing his face? A total double shock for Cersei and she is on Arya's list.

What about Tormund? Does he get it on with Brienne? Or now that Jamie is in Winterfell there is no chance of that?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that idea! But I think Jamie kills Cersei. That’s the only possibility.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buddhabelly wrote:

He did know. When Sam asked him what he was doing out in the cold, he said "Waiting for an old friend." As for why he wasn't telling everyone, I'm gonna go with this: He's the three-eyed raven now. Letting others know Jamie was coming isn't really a big priority for him. He's got bigger things to think about. How's that?

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
My predictions.

Yara kills Euron
Jamie kills Cersei
Jamie dies
Sansa and Arya live
Wondering who Melisandre brings back to life. Maybe Viserion which would be cool.

I will add that one or both of the remaining dragons will die. I am going to go with both as that makes fighting Cersei more "fair".
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough! I am just a little annoyed with his character and the portrayal. He is such a powerful figure and has so much information that could help team Jon&Dany and yet it doesn't seem like he is doing any of it. In the preview for the second episode, Jon is asking Tormund when the Night King is going to arrive. Bran could literally give them a play by play of his approach!

But really I am just nit picking! Although if someone I knew well was sleeping with their aunt and didn't know it I would tell them asap!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How will you feel if Cersei lives? I am not sure how I will feel if that happens. I think she is the "worst" person on the show? Maybe it was Ramsey but he is dead now. If anyone "deserves" to die it's Cersei.

If Jamie kills Cersei would he then be known as the "QueenSlayer"?
Quote Reply
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 is finally here. SPOILERS [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Francois wrote:
My predictions.

Yara kills Euron
Jamie kills Cersei
Jamie dies
Sansa and Arya live

I will add that one or both of the remaining dragons will die. I am going to go with both as that makes fighting Cersei more "fair".

I think the Golden Company will betray her somehow. Refuse to fight or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buddhabelly wrote:
Who is Arya going to kill? What if after Jaime dies she kills Cersei wearing his face? A total double shock for Cersei and she is on Arya's list.

What about Tormund? Does he get it on with Brienne? Or now that Jamie is in Winterfell there is no chance of that?

In a twist, Arya actually died fighting the Waif. Varys hired the Faceless Men to kill all of the contenders. Varys makes the Night King the Warden of the North. Varys rules.

I kind of want the Night King to turn out to be just a regular guy who looks funny and got tired of living in the cold.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next