Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycliq Fly12 Aerobar Mount?
Quote | Reply
So I figured out how to mount my Fly6 onto the back of my P3 ...but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to mount my Fly12 unit onto the front. No Cycliq accessories designed for TT set-ups and a few plastic duo mounts have been deemed not suitable to support the beefy Fly12 unit. I've been searching the interwebs since last October and apparently nobody's got a legit solution. I also checked bar mount companies like K-edge and Barfly, and they do have what they call "Big Camera" mount options with aluminum-forged clamps; but again, nothing for a TT set up.

Has anyone in the ST community figured this out?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycliq Fly12 Aerobar Mount? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up a cheap $5 eBay action cam mount - more option around that than the garmin mount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Start with an adapter to get you GoPro mounting. Cycliq has one.
Then your options expand.
A regular out front type mount sized or shimmed for your bars might work.
A short 90 degree extension could get your orientation fixed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fly12 comes with gopro fins/bolt as standard, no? If so, the Barfly 4 TT mount is your fella, can can also double up as a computer mount. I'm using exactly this on my TT extension to hold my Wahoo Bolt (on top) and bike light (underneath) for Norseman this year (bike light is compulsory).

Aerogeeks have got you sorted.

https://aerogeeks.com/...bar-fly-4-tt-review/

Cheers, Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycliq Fly12 Aerobar Mount? [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Fly12 comes with gopro fins/bolt as standard, no? If so, the Barfly 4 TT mount is your fella, can can also double up as a computer mount. I'm using exactly this on my TT extension to hold my Wahoo Bolt (on top) and bike light (underneath) for Norseman this year (bike light is compulsory).

Aerogeeks have got you sorted.

https://aerogeeks.com/...bar-fly-4-tt-review/

Cheers, Rich.

Thanks. Yes, I found the aero geeks articles -- but the universal adapter, which attaches to the GoPro fins set-up is sketchy at best!! The Fly12 unit literally only turns about an 1/8th (no where near a 1/4) before it clicks in. So just holding the adapter in my hand, and giving it a slight shake the unit falls out. It's scary unstable. No way that's staying in even on the smoothest of roads.

I did just order the BarFly 4 TT mount. I'll post how I get on with that. Hoping to get it on the Bike before the weekend.

I'll also mention I have the new Fly12CE, which is smooth all over, except for a plastic-molded circular disc to attach to adapters. It's only the older FLY12 unit (pictured above) that has the two silver extrusions to attache to a fin.

I've been loving the Fly6 cause it's super-easy, low maintenance and peak of mind/ safety feature all in one. But funnily enough, several of my close calls cycling all involve cars pulling out in front of me or cutting me off -- which the Fly6 would not capture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both and they are great cameras. After being hit from behind last August, cameras were a priority for me.

I’ll take a pic later, my 12 is mounted underneath my left aerobar extension. I have a FC35 BTA system so there’s no room to go there, but I have just enough room on the extension, right in front of the FC35 bracket
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this help?

Quote Reply
Re: Cycliq Fly12 Aerobar Mount? [TJP_SBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting the pic. What kind of mount are you using to secure the Fly12 to the aerobar? Does your hydration obstruct the camera view to the right side at all? Good-looking, clean bike set up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s the mount that came with it. It has one of the little rubber gaskets inside to help make it a secure fit. The extension isn’t exactly round either, so it’s not exactly a perfect fit, but I crammed it on there so it’s tight enough not to move. The front hydration doesn’t get in the way at all. I was a little worried because the bars have a tilt kit, and they angle inwards so your hands are close at the ends. I thought the camera would be pointed up and to the right. But it’s pretty straight still, and the field of vision is wide enough that you still catch everything. Even got this kamikaze squirrel trying to make me crash

Quote Reply