Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Barry-Roubaix, who's in? [TMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a good day for my teammates, but not great for me. My teammate Kae won the womens 62 miler and my teammate Mat won the mens 62 milers. It was Mat's 3rd year in a row winning, and he beat the course record that he previously held. Our team won the team competition.

I missed the split on Sager road. I was in decent position going in, but didn’t fight hard enough to stay at the front. I ended up letting a few guys pass and didn’t go around a few others quickly enough, and before I knew it I was in the 4th group. I bridged across to the 3rd group solo as the first two groups came back together, making a lead group of about 25. That made our 3rd group the second group, and we got caught by about 20 riders. So I had 3 teammates in the lead group (Mat, John, and Michael) of about 25 and I was in the next group of about 25. Our group would catch riders that were popped out of the lead group, but ultimately we were losing time.

Mat ended up riding off with 2 CCB guys, and won the race in a sprint. John took 5th. Michael took 11th. I won our field sprint for 17th.

All in all I had a great time. I love Barry Roubaix. It’s the closest thing to a European classics race that I’ll ever get to do. It’s got asphalt, gravel, dirt, sand, rocks, puddles, etc. The level of competition is getting higher and higher every year, and it takes a well rounded rider to do well. The town seems to enjoy having the race, and the atmosphere of the weekend is really cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Barry-Roubaix, who's in? [TMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the best I can say about my race is that I finished. I think I'm something like 700th place for the 62 miler. Lot hillier than I expected, and as others have said, I was surprised to have folks passing me on the uphill and then coasting the downhill. I tried to use gravity to my advantage as much as possible. Was able to ride pretty much all of Sager road except for about 50m when a dude lost it right in front of me. Seemed like the far right was generally pretty ridable. Kudos to all of those who did the 100 miles!!

Quote | Reply
Great job to all that rode. Buddy from high school took 9th in the 100. It’s one of the races he looks forward to each year.

Quote Reply

Prev Next