Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Mgibo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 uploaded photo

in the process of installing the GP5000TL on the bike.
Last edited by: Mgibo: Mar 31, 19 15:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Nice!
thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mgibo wrote:
For those of you looking between the two, remember tubeless is the future hence no need to carry spare tubes co2 and such.

are you assuming that with the Conti 5000 TL tires that you are going to install on the bike that you are never going to have a flat? With a TL setup I thought at least one would have to carry the bacon strips/plugs and CO2 + inflator in case of a flat.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am installing the tire with 30-40 of orange sealant as well. I figure if I blow an entire tire out than there is a large issue, ie tear in the tire. But on a safe side I will still carry a small co2 and tiny adaptor to stow in the large bento. For 70.3 bike I only need three gels so there is still room to spare.
Last edited by: Mgibo: Mar 31, 19 18:54
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
curious as to how high your riser extension is set at? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks nice! Curious, what do you think of the BTS mount on bikes like this and the Canyon being so low? Wind that passes between the legs will hit that bottle. It looks slower to the eye than something like an X-Lab system that sits behind the butt. Am I wrong in thinking that way? I figure air will also pass over your back and down, hitting bottles if they're too high, but these mounts don't look like they would be ideal either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice bike - was there possiblity to route the blip cables inside the riser?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

I'm in Australia and trying to buy the P5D but with the P3X bars. My bike shop has told me Cervelo won't do it as a straight swap. The P3X bars aren't available anyway, and the Cervelo rep couldn't give the shop an ETA or a price.

Assuming what I am being told is true, I can't help but feel Cervelo don't really have a plan for how to roll this out. Especially if I can't get it simply swapped out, I should be able to at least get a price, even if they aren't available at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Thechad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure some will be able to swap for free but I've been offered 70% PX value of one mono-riser for the other which seems reasonable to me (I lucked out with a very good deal on the bike price though so I'm less fussed by a few extra costs!). I got the impression this was the standard Cervelo arrangement from my LBS....

I'm just waiting on confirmation of price and availability which I should hear in the next day or so. I'll pass on when I do.
Last edited by: Polo_1272: Apr 2, 19 0:48
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't like it aesthetically, but I think you'd have to actually test each person individually in the tunnel for both low and high BTS positions to know for sure, although Cervelo themselves put out some data years back that showed high and tight to be faster.

BigBoyND wrote:
Looks nice! Curious, what do you think of the BTS mount on bikes like this and the Canyon being so low? Wind that passes between the legs will hit that bottle. It looks slower to the eye than something like an X-Lab system that sits behind the butt. Am I wrong in thinking that way? I figure air will also pass over your back and down, hitting bottles if they're too high, but these mounts don't look like they would be ideal either.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi - I picked up a P5D a few weeks back and am still getting used to everything but have to say all the reviews are spot on. It's fast and road-bike responsive albeit a little twitchy which I'm putting down to the few kms I've done and the fact my previous bike was a 2009 P3.

One question I have and not sure if anyone has seen this but the barfly mount that comes standard (I think it's the one that's standard on the S5) sits in a position where I can't twist my Garmin Edge 520 into place. In short, the bars (I have the 30degree option) are too close together.

While I can solve it with a different mount I'm a little surprised that what seems like a sweet design doesn't really work out so well. But perhaps I'm missing something.

Any tips would be much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [matt_aus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replace the std mount with this:

https://k-edge.com/...nts/tt-mount-garmin/

There's a lever on the underside that you twist to lock in place instead of twisting the garmin. I had the same problem on previous bikes, this solves it and bolts on easy.
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those interested in build details. Also covers the EX10 riser from the p3x

https://www.cervelo.com/...nual_v6.7_web_2_.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have to buy the EX10 Riser separately??

Cervelo P5d and R5 Owner

Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [caodecaca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this was covered somewhere else. It probably depends on your LBS and/or their relationship with Cervelo. Mine is doing 70% part exchange value from one to the other. I had the impression from them this was a standard approach but I'm sure some LBS will swap for free. I'm not challenging it because I've got a great deal on the bike anyway.

That said, I'm still waiting for confirmation of prices involved and lead time.... I'll pass on the info as soon as I find out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Polo_1272 wrote:
Replace the std mount with this:

https://k-edge.com/...nts/tt-mount-garmin/

Nowhere to bolt that to, I don't think the lever mechanism can be added to the spoon style mount
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which one is more Aero? P3x or P5D and how much?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [HappyWeirdo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HappyWeirdo wrote:

its already been stated in this and the P3X thread.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P5D if the storage is enough. P3x if you need the extra space
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
HappyWeirdo wrote:

its already been stated in this and the P3X thread.
No! There are numbers! But no one explains how much is that in seconds!
And when, do you think is more easier to read 155 posts, or ask?
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
P5D if the storage is enough. P3x if you need the extra space
Thank you!
But how much is the difference? Minutes on a IRONMAN Distance? Or much more less?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're one of those lazy people that expect to be spoon fed everything huh?

and no numbers have been posted.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: New 2019 Cervelo P5 Disc Brake [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
you're one of those lazy people that expect to be spoon fed everything huh?

and no numbers have been posted.

No, Iam a human and I ask for help and I help if I can!
Is it really so hard for you that someone ask a question that’s almost answered?
What’s wrong with you? American? Why so aggressive? Have a good time!
Last edited by: HappyWeirdo: Apr 14, 19 14:17
Quote Reply

Prev Next