Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wolf Pack Tyres
Quote | Reply
Looks like an interesting new company from someone with an impressive pedigree of work with other tyre companies. https://www.wolfpack-tires.com/en-gb/legende
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks promising. Price is reasonable. Road tires only in 24 and 26mm. Would love to see a 22mm with thin tread and no vectran, like the old Conti SS 23.

https://www.wolfpack-tires.com/en-gb/race2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any updates on this? The website says the creator developed Black Chili and Gripton

Would be interesting to see it tested by BRR
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They also offer a 25g inner tube made of TPU which claims to save 8W (not sure if each or for the pair but it's phrased in the singular) compared to a 100g butyl tube, measured on a track.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
They also offer a 25g inner tube made of TPU which claims to save 8W (not sure if each or for the pair but it's phrased in the singular) compared to a 100g butyl tube, measured on a track.

Sounds like the lightest Tubolito tube, which they say is as fast as latex but not suitable for rim brakes (I guess the heat tolerance is low).
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Sounds like the lightest Tubolito tube, which they say is as fast as latex but not suitable for rim brakes (I guess the heat tolerance is low).

Fine in a TT... never need to use brakes anyway..;)
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. So as fast as latex but 1/3rd of the weight? I'll have to look into these for flat courses. I wonder how they compare to latex in pressure retention and puncture resistance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Interesting. So as fast as latex but 1/3rd of the weight? I'll have to look into these for flat courses. I wonder how they compare to latex in pressure retention and puncture resistance
They would be more beneficial in a hilly race or one with lots of turns and accelerations. On a flat course rotational weight is of little consequence once up to speed. It can actually have a bit of a flywheel effect.

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What benefit does flywheel effect have? Any inertia requires energy to build up. At best, you would just be changing the timing.

I see your point about hills, but as mentioned above these are not well suited for clinchers on hilly courses due to heat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
What benefit does flywheel effect have? Any inertia requires energy to build up. At best, you would just be changing the timing.

I see your point about hills, but as mentioned above these are not well suited for clinchers on hilly courses due to heat.

I thought I was the only one still riding clinchers. /pink

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting tire... would be interested to hear any personal reviews... can't find much info on them otherwise.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
Interesting tire... would be interested to hear any personal reviews... can't find much info on them otherwise.

No first hand experience, but they seem to work well for Anne Haug.
Quote Reply