Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2003 ZIPP DISC Backorder - How Long?
Quote | Reply
All ZIPP say's is 2 1/2 weeks. But that doesn not mean jack.

Anyone get a 2003 disc yet or know what the hold up is? I ordered mine back in December. ZIPP claims they are on a 2 1/2 week backorder due to flanges.

It's been over 2 1/2 weeks and still no wheel. Does anyone know anything?
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 ZIPP DISC Backorder - How Long? [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a set of 404's today and was told 6 weeks.

------------------------------------------------------------
"No one ever told me they made black fondant!" - Duff Goldman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have recieved and delivered a pretty good quantity of the new 2003 dimpled disks and have a bunch more on the way, all of them already sold. They seem to be flowing at about the usual rate. Since Zipp does their own manufacturing they actually do have control over the lead times. Man, you can tell when the season is here- people stop asking "How Much?" and start asking "How Soon?".

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2003 ZIPP DISC Backorder - How Long? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2.5 weeks seems about right.

I made our Team Order 4 weeks ago. The wheels (5 pair of 909s) arrived last Wednesday. Zipp does a pretty good job hitting commitments...Trust me, as one who owns a Colnago, it could be much longer if you were dealing with Italy.

The wheels will arrive and they'll be worth the wait.

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Graz,

I recieved a new pair of 404's in 2001, got to race on them just about 1 year and returned the rear rim back to ZIPP

because of huge vertical dimples in the composite......in 2 places. I returned that rim back in October 2002. 3 1/2 months

later I am still sitting here waiting for my rim. I get them same line every time. I truely believe that rim is lost or gone

and I will end up eating a rear 404. I got to use them one season of racing. A friend of mine has the exact same pair

and no problems.

Patience is wearing thin here, will I ever go back to ZIPP for a new pair..................................
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for those who dont have one on order theres one up on Ebay---im not the seller, nor do i know the seller, just giving a heads up.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply