Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you Follow any Influencers? [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
Right. There's nothing inherent about the term influencer that annoys me - every sponsored athlete is an influencer and while I don't proactively follow any I don't shield myself either and at some level am undoubtedly influenced by the brands they wear. The weirdness has crept in around people who do nothing except [pretend to] exist in a way that other people find aspirational. There's something profoundly unhealthy about tracking the lifestyle of someone you don't know, don't admire, don't find interesting or funny and might not even like just because you wish you looked the way they look, or because they post photos of a lifestyle you wish you had.

#perfection

#nofilter

How about the hashtags #yourlifeisprobablyamess #toomuchmakeup and #youalllookthesame

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Do you Follow any Influencers? [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fucking “influencers” trying to be the next Kardashian and monetize their “brand”. I don’t know what’s worse, all the hashtags or the stupid motivational quote that has to accompany each photo.

Actually come to think of it - I do know what’s worse. it’s being on vacation at a resort and just wanting to relax by the pool with a cocktail, but having a wannabe influencer next to you taking selfies literally.all.the.time. Bravo to that resort owner.
Last edited by: TAC: Apr 4, 19 14:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
I follow no one.

I don't use anything where I can follow someone.

Watch the 2 doc's out about the Frye festival.. its all crap..

Influencers.. why would these people influence me, I don't know them, they don't know me, why would I want to do what they say or do? Why would anyone?

Pictures are potent, they set the bar for how somebody should look, eat live. Or organise their tool wall or knot their tie.

old school influencers would be the likes of Joe DiMaggio, Greta Garbo, Julia Child. The queen bee soccer mom. They just had different platforms.

That’s not true. Those people were famous because they had accomplishements. 99% of people that consider themselves influencers have accomplished nothing beyond working the internet monetarily due to the stupidity and gullibility of a frightening proportion of the population.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first time I heard the term "influencer" was on the Fyre Festival documentary. Influencers were paid to convince the masses that Fyre Festival was the party not to be missed. The next time I heard the term was the Ivy School scandal and that Lori Loughlin's daughter was an influencer. Not impressed.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you Follow any Influencers? [Elvis Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone posted this influencer on another thread about yoga pants: https://www.instagram.com/ashleigh_jordan/?hl=en

Any other influencers like this around? Asking for a friend...
Quote Reply
Re: Do you Follow any Influencers? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same problem with anyone who describes themselves as a "Celebrity". What a bunch of C**ts.

Seriously though - Instagram is great - How else would i get through a 2 hour meeting without being able to look at surfing, bikes and chicks on bikes, while pretending i'm so important that i am emailing people from my phone.
Last edited by: RCCo: Apr 9, 19 5:27
Quote Reply
Re: Do you Follow any Influencers? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
Someone posted this influencer on another thread about yoga pants: https://www.instagram.com/ashleigh_jordan/?hl=en

WTF has she got stuffed down the back of her pants?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No,

What Bretom and slowguy said.

Quote:
Pictures are potent, they set the bar for how somebody should look, eat live.

That is so wrong you must be trolling.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Do you Follow any Influencers? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
fulla wrote:

Looks like the crash pads I used to have in my skateboard shorts

http://www.crash-pads.com/product-category/skate/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Do you Follow any Influencers? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
No,

Quote:

haha sounds like you've never seen a woman's magazine. I'm not saying it's right, just that it's true.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you Follow any Influencers? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
fulla wrote:

A couple of handfuls of perfection?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
H- wrote:
No,

Quote:

haha sounds like you've never seen a woman's magazine. I'm not saying it's right, just that it's true.

I'd agree with you if you replaced "how somebody should" with "how many feel they should"

(Oh, and I used to sneak my mom's cosmopolitans.)

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody that I am aware of on Instagram. People who are discussing important ideas like Steven Brill (Tailspin), Patrick Deneen (Why Liberalism Failed) and William Gardiner.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No but this 7 year old is killing it, made 22million

https://www.google.com/...ing-with-toys-2/amp/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dwayne Johnson

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next