Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is this a great Final 4, or a horrible one? [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be a good final - VA vs TT. I want TT to take it all.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a great Final 4, or a horrible one? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:

May be the least watched final in recent history. Final score, 18-16.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a great Final 4, or a horrible one? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

Maybe, though I'm tired of watching Izzo or Kryzewski rant from the sideline. Time for new blood.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

Maybe. Who gives a fuck. Happy to see some new teams on there. And it may be unpopular,but I like that there are two teams playing defense in the final
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

I doubt it. Texas is a pretty good TV market. I'd be surprised if it was a big drop in rating from recent years. There's a huge built-in viewership for the championship game.
Last edited by: zed707: Apr 6, 19 21:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

I doubt it. Texas is a pretty good TV market. I'd be surprised if it was a big drop in rating from recent years. There's a huge built-in viewership for the championship game.

You realize people FROM Lubbock describe it as the armpit of Texas? UT, Aggies or even Houston but Tech? Naw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:

UT and A&M are the only TV draws in Texas. Nobody gives a shit about any other school unless they went there.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a great Final 4, or a horrible one? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leave it to ESPN, who seem to know the MSM playbook about selling fake news and less about sports nowadays, to keep pushing the "controversial" call and FTs. Their own basketball analysts said it was without a doubt a foul. There was nothing controversial about the call or the 3 FTs! The only "controversy" was how 2 officials watching the previous play unfold failed to recognize the double dribble. As someone in an article on Yahoo Sports pointed out - the biggest gaffe was then Auburn fouling with 1.5s. The play had unraveled and by fouling, they gave UVA a chance to re-ravel, when they probably would have failed a desperation hoist. And if it goes in, so be it, rather lose that way.

Texas Tech looked real good, but you can't go a 10 minute stretch scoring just 7 points. Well, maybe a against UVA you can ?? This will be a game where a 5 point lead may as well be 20.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a great Final 4, or a horrible one? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
Leave it to ESPN, who seem to know the MSM playbook about selling fake news and less about sports nowadays, to keep pushing the "controversial" call and FTs. Their own basketball analysts said it was without a doubt a foul. There was nothing controversial about the call or the 3 FTs! The only "controversy" was how 2 officials watching the previous play unfold failed to recognize the double dribble. As someone in an article on Yahoo Sports pointed out - the biggest gaffe was then Auburn fouling with 1.5s. The play had unraveled and by fouling, they gave UVA a chance to re-ravel, when they probably would have failed a desperation hoist. And if it goes in, so be it, rather lose that way.

Texas Tech looked real good, but you can't go a 10 minute stretch scoring just 7 points. Well, maybe a against UVA you can ?? This will be a game where a 5 point lead may as well be 20.

Kenny Mayne bailed ESPN out with this segment...

https://mobile.twitter.com/...129735674245121?s=12

Pretty much nailed it.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a great Final 4, or a horrible one? [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decent game
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a great Final 4, or a horrible one? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The happiest days of my life in order:

1. Wedding day
2. Birthday of my two kids (tie)
3. Today

All the haters - defense first teams can’t win, uva is boring, no one cares because uva isn’t a blue blood, etc - suck it long and hard.

This won’t be the only Natty for Bennett at UVA. Dinosaurs like K, Izzo and Roy are the past. Bennett is the future.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:

1. Wedding day
3. Today

All the haters - defense first teams can’t win, uva is boring, no one cares because uva isn’t a blue blood, etc - suck it long and hard.

This won’t be the only Natty for Bennett at UVA. Dinosaurs like K, Izzo and Roy are the past. Bennett is the future.

I've never heard anyone say a defense first team couldn't win it. Izzo did that 20 years ago. The problem with Virginia getting bounced early was because they were a defense only team. This year they have a top ten offensive efficiency team and won the title because they were able to score on a team nobody else could figure out how to score on.

Of course every team has haters but I think generally the sporting public is pretty happy for Virginia. Of course being poor winner could change all that. Good thing Tony Bennett isn't telling everyone to suck it.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this a great Final 4, or a horrible one? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
jepvb wrote:

1. Wedding day
3. Today

I've never heard anyone say a defense first team couldn't win it. Izzo did that 20 years ago. The problem with Virginia getting bounced early was because they were a defense only team. This year they have a top ten offensive efficiency team and won the title because they were able to score on a team nobody else could figure out how to score on.

Of course every team has haters but I think generally the sporting public is pretty happy for Virginia. Of course being poor winner could change all that. Good thing Tony Bennett isn't telling everyone to suck it.

Thankfully, Bennett isn’t an asshole like I am. You aren’t a lifelong died in the wool UVA fan so I wouldnt expect you to have digested every bit of media devoted to UVA basketball during the Bennett years like I have. Trust me, there has been plenty of hate, naysaying and mocking. This is the ultimate redemption. Wahoowa!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
This is the ultimate redemption. Wahoowa!

Ideally you could have beaten MSU in the final and avenged even more misery.

I look forward to seeing what Bennett can do at UCLA ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
jepvb wrote:

Well yeah ideally we would’ve taken out UMBC, Florida, MSU and Duke in the same tourney, but I’ll take it.

Can’t see Bennett ever leaving for another college job, but the NBA worries me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
Thom wrote:
jepvb wrote:

Well yeah ideally we would’ve taken out UMBC, Florida, MSU and Duke in the same tourney, but I’ll take it.

Can’t see Bennett ever leaving for another college job, but the NBA worries me.

Great game, and some clutch shots down the stretch by both teams. That 3 by Hunter right before the end of regulation was YUGE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
jepvb wrote:

UCLA just got filled by by Cronin leaving Cincy. Calipari and Barnes turned the job down.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next