Prev Next
Re: I'm pissed off about this article [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
chaparral wrote:
B.McMaster wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
8a. His taxes are most likely so complex they can easily have about 100 gotcha moments, that even though he may have legally and ethically done the right thing. It’ll look bad because most of the country doesn’t understand millionaire/billionaire taxes.

We have a winner,

But Mitt Romney was able to release his tax returns. People seemed to understand those fine. Bloomberg, who has more money that trump, also released his tax returns when running for mayor.

I think people will understand them just fine. I mean the NYTs understood just fine the tax information they already got.

Do you think that Romney and Bloomberg had the level of scrutiny that Trump would have? I don't for a minute.

That being said, I think that the president, and all senators and representatives should make their tax returns public too if we're worried about conflict of interest.

Why wouldn't they have looked at Romney's tax return closely? He was running for president and would be something that would help Democrats, of course they heavily scrutinized Romney's.

Either way, trump's returns demand heavy scrutiny, because he has kept ownership of his businesses. Businesses that people give him money specifically to gain access to him. Literally giving him a couple hundred hundred thousand dollars allows you to talk to him. He will then pass on your thoughts to the people that work for him in the government and tell them to look into it or make them fly out to Mar-a-lago to talk to you. Or make you ambassador.

I know that I looked close enough to see that Romney paid a lower percentage on his income that year than I did and I made a bit less than him that year. :-)

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: I'm pissed off about this article [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

This may be among the many reasons Trump doesn't want his tax returns made public...

https://www.newyorker.com/...ld-trumps-worst-deal

This deal and article is also now getting more airplay due to the connections between the Mammadov family and Azarpassillo, an Iranian construction company whose chairman was formerly head of Raman, an Iranian construction company that is controlled by Iran's Revolutionary Guard - which Trump just named a terror group.

It still shocks me this is not a bigger deal. I mean the trumps admitted that they knew it was probably helping the Iran's Revolutionary Guard.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm pissed off about this article [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It still shocks me this is not a bigger deal.

Now you know why there is so much chaos in the administration in regards to staffing issues.

Look over there !!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm pissed off about this article [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It still shocks me this is not a bigger deal.

Now you know why there is so much chaos in the administration in regards to staffing issues.

Look over there !!!!

Where?

Here comes Jeanie with her new boyfriend.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm pissed off about this article [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Do you think that Romney and Bloomberg had the level of scrutiny that Trump would have? I don't for a minute.
That being said, I think that the president, and all senators and representatives should make their tax returns public too if we're worried about conflict of interest.

Ha ha ha! They are allowed to inside trade.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm pissed off about this article [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Quote:

Ha ha ha! They are allowed to inside trade.

I know. I'm sure none of them take advantage of those rules though. "Hey, we're about to pass legislation that is friendly to a company, and earmark some funds that will be going to them. I've been thinking about buying stock in their company for some time, I might as well do it now while I have them on my mind. "
Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Apr 10, 19 14:03
Quote Reply

Prev Next