Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No mention of the 3 kids shot
Quote | Reply
Over the weekend in Chicago?

Definetly due to structural racism of the police department and not the fact gang bangers don't respect the police or the court system.

When the community leaders demand more policing in the gang areas it will occur. And a few months later the brutal racist police will be pilloried for harassing "innocent" minority youths.

And no stronger gun laws won't help.
Quote Reply
Re: No mention of the 3 kids shot [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you'll have to be more specific on which 3, since 31 people were shot in Chicago this weekend (3 fatally), up from 22 last weekend (also 3 fatally).
Quote Reply
Re: No mention of the 3 kids shot [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tfleeger wrote:
you'll have to be more specific on which 3, since 31 people were shot in Chicago this weekend (3 fatally), up from 22 last weekend (also 3 fatally).

The three children
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The article I saw said 2 kids shot at a baby shower. Was there another, separate incident? What bothers me is that the police are quoted as saying they have very little information, as witnesses are refusing to cooperate. That says to me that the gang presence is either so strong that people are afraid, or there's a retaliatory mindset in place - they'll exact their own revenge / retribution...or both, I suppose...

Were there really 561 homicides in Chicago last year? Wow...
Quote Reply
Re: No mention of the 3 kids shot [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
The article I saw said 2 kids shot at a baby shower. Was there another, separate incident? What bothers me is that the police are quoted as saying they have very little information, as witnesses are refusing to cooperate. That says to me that the gang presence is either so strong that people are afraid, or there's a retaliatory mindset in place - they'll exact their own revenge / retribution...or both, I suppose...

For example: Bobby Rush just called the CPD the sworn enemy of black people. Huzzah
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is nothing really to comment on though. You’ve already concluded what the problem is and what will and won’t work to change things.

No one could possibly argue against that.

P.S - I do agree with you.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
snoots wrote:

For example: Bobby Rush just called the CPD the sworn enemy of black people. Huzzah

Why the fixation on Chicago? Latest stats have their murder rate 24th in the country.

I can give you leeway based on proximity. It is the rest of the GOP I wonder about.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: No mention of the 3 kids shot [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:

That's Fake news. Chicago has very strict gun laws. No way could there be gun violence with strict gun laws.
Quote Reply
Re: No mention of the 3 kids shot [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
snoots wrote:

Why the fixation on Chicago? Latest stats have their murder rate 24th in the country.

I can give you leeway based on proximity. It is the rest of the GOP I wonder about.

I think it stands out because it is so much larger than all the high murder rate cities. 2.7 million. next largest city with worse murder rate is Detroit and Baltimore both about 2/3 million. Most of those towns with highest murder rates are under 50,000 or 100,000.
Quote Reply
Re: No mention of the 3 kids shot [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
snoots wrote:

I care because I live here.

Rate, what about gross homicides?

I take exception to the rest of the GOP comment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Over the weekend in Chicago?

Definetly due to structural racism of the police department and not the fact gang bangers don't respect the police or the court system.

When the community leaders demand more policing in the gang areas it will occur. And a few months later the brutal racist police will be pilloried for harassing "innocent" minority youths.

And no stronger gun laws won't help.

Last year I saw a "youth" spit at a cop's feet on Michigan Avenue and then just stare at him. I tend to agree that respect and lack of fear is a problem here.
Quote Reply